Solution to this problem: To stop water coming inside the house, get the ice removed from the roof, perhaps with the help of a roof professional. Getting on your roof to solve this problem could be dangerous.
Prevent in the future Ice Dam damage:
1. Installs several feet of an Ice and Water shield product to help guard against water damage due to ice dams.
2. Install sufficient soffit vents and an adequate ridge vents.
3. Improve the insulation in your attic. In Indiana should be equipped with ceiling insulation of at least R-38.
4. Consult a professional for the best way to avoid ice dams and water damage in your home.
5. Energy Star Home Sealing recommends air sealing your home to prevent warm, air escapes. Make sure the ceiling is airtight, so warm air cannot flow from the house into the attic space. Do this by plugging gaps around plumbing vents, wiring, recessed lights and chimneys.
- MC2 Home InspectionsOwner, 2007 - presentOwner/Lead Inspector
MC2 Home Inspections is an independent home inspection company. We are full time home inspectors available 7 days a week to accommodate all of your home inspection needs. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the home inspection service they expect, completely unbiased reporting with no hidden agendas. We offer a wide array of home inspection services to meet your specific needs. Those services include:
Residential Home Inspections, Pre-listing Home Inspections, Home Maintenance Inspections, Condominium/Townhome Inspections, Builder Warranty Inspections, Investor Quality Check Inspections, Mold Testing, Wood Destroying Pest (Termite) Inspections, Well and Septic Inspections, Well Water Testing, Radon Testing.
“We are changing the face of home inspections, one satisfied client at a time. Call us today and experience the difference”.
Office phone: 317-605-3432
Office email: email@example.com
Denver Colorado Web: http://www.mc2inspections.com
Indianapolis Indiana Web: http://www.mc2homeinspections.com
Home Inspectors Proudly Serving the Entire Indianapolis Metro Area.
Homeowners’ Biggest Fears Include Zombies and Plumbing
Homeowners have many fears when it comes to their homes. From frozen pipes to a backed-up garbage disposal, home projects are never ending a
The Basics of Improving Your Homes Energy Efficiency
Dreading the coming winter, and those ugly heating bills that accompany it? On the upside, there are lots of things you can do to ensure tha