Fixing something that's been bugging me for a while.
5 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- And this is a big +1. Information is there to share and enlight everyone.Oct 3, 2012
- It would be great if you could add rss/atom feeds to your blog, including the tag pages.Oct 13, 2012
- There is an atom link at the very, very bottom of each page; I've considered moving those nav links higher up, but eh, I like 'em there.
Regarding the tag pages, I've never thought of that, and have not sought out such a feature on other blogs. How do you envision that working, or can you point me to an example? I'll think on it in the meanwhile.Oct 13, 2012
- Ah, I looked but I missed that link. Was expecting an orange square I guess. If you add an html link rel=alternate to the head then it will be picked up automatically by some tools and browsers. If you put multiple rel=alternate links in the header, browsers etc. will often let people choose the feed, so include a title, but put the main feed first.
Blogger and Wordpress provide tag feeds by default. It's not always exposed in modern templates, but you can still link to them manually.
If you tag broadly enough, people can subscribe to just 'programming' stuff, or file that in a programming folder and other stuff somewhere else.Oct 13, 2012
- Ask and ye shall receive... Take a look around the site again now. I've put feed icons everywhere, and implemented tag-specific feeds, exposed on the individual tag pages as well as the all-in-one tags index.
It's amazing I worked at Google for so long and never bothered to keep up my own site, and mess with stuff like this. Hey, better late than never. Gives me an excuse to keep hacking, even in semi-retirement.Oct 13, 2012