Profile cover photo
Profile photo
Mike Bawden
105 followers -
Silent Provocateur.
Silent Provocateur.

105 followers
About
Posts

Post has attachment
With less than one week to go, this independent Star Trek film has managed to raise a significant amount of cash - but we can't #savethefederation  without your help.  Please watch the trailer and consider supporting AXANAR as they enter the production phase of their project.  Every little bit helps.

Thank you.

LLAP
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Thoughtful article on the state of the PR industry - from the point of view of those in the trenches - and how it's changed over the past 10-15 years from Ian Lipner (who founded the YPRP Group on Yahoo! so many years ago).
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Great article by David Burke on my friend, Steve Jobman, and his upcoming move to Dallas, Texas.  First Pres and the Quad Cities won't be the same without him.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Changes to the way #Google searches forces #PR pros to be better writers and tell more compelling stories ... 
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
More than 7 out of 10 people watch local TV news.  News is still the top draw to television, according to a recent Pew study. Some key findings of the study include:

• Cable news viewers watched nearly twice as much news as broadcast viewers.
• Heavy news viewers tend to watch more cable news than broadcast news.
• The heaviest news viewers (top 30%) watch more news than the other 70% combined.
• 58% of US adults watch both local and network news.
• More than a quarter of Fox News viewers also tune in to MSNBC.
• More than a third of MSNBC viewers also tune in to Fox News.
• While the three big cable news outlets rank highly among most trafficked news websites, their audiences represent just a small sliver of the Internet-consuming public (9% or less).
Add a comment...
Wait while more posts are being loaded