- SiteSellChief Marketing Officer, 2014 - presentSiteSell works to help entrepreneurs and bloggers build their online business, and I lead the team that builds and fosters relationships with those people.
- The Social Media HatSocial Media Manager, 2012 - presentI work with business owners to first identify content marketing and social media opportunities to promote their business and engage clients, and then help them to implement strategies and techniques to achieve those goals. In other words, I can help get your blog started, figure out what you're going to write about and who would be interested, which social networks to post to and when, and how to use social media to entertain, educate and engage your potential customers.
- FreelanceWebsite Developer, 2007 - 2012Built hundreds of websites using the Drupal Content Management System platform, providing business owners with a dynamic website they are able to update and add to themselves.
- Dana CorporationERP Support Specialist and Team Leader, 1999 - 2001
- Viking TechnologySales Manager and Web Designer, 2001 - 2005
- Litehouse Pools & SpasSales Associate, 2005 - 2006
I love to teach others how to better leverage the internet and content to promote their business. Specifically, I provide articles and guidance on how to create blog and other content that helps increase website traffic, generate leads, and convert those leads into sales.
I maintain a blog and article archive at The Social Media Hat, but my primary focus is serving as the Chief Marketing Officer for SiteSell, where we help entrepreneurs and bloggers get their online businesses started.
We have recently launched a new product called SBI! for WP which is specifically designed to help WordPress users build and grow their business. You can read my full review of SBI! for WordPress as well.
- Social Media News
- Content Marketing Information
- Blogging Tips
- Technology Discussion
These are articles that I often recommend and reference:
- Blog Promotionology, The Art & Science of Blog Promotion
- How Not to Use Google+
- HootSuite vs. Buffer
- How to Set Up HootSuite
- Scheduling Google+ Posts
- The Ultimate Guide to the Perfect LinkedIn Profile
I'm originally from Ohio where I studied Computer Science and History at The Ohio State University and Bowling Green State University. I've had a long career in IT, including PC Repair, Server configuration, networking, sales, websites and more. But in 2012, I discovered a passion and talent for writing and teaching Content Marketing.
I now live in St. Louis with my wife and two adorable daughters, along with two Birman cats. I blog weekly, am working on a blogging course, and will have a new book on Content Marketing out later this year.
Hangouts and Interviews and Panel Discussions
I am available to participate in broadcast Hangouts, Blabs and Interviews on a limited basis. If you would like to schedule an appearance, please contact me with your interview format and schedule.
Training and Consulting
While I am not currently accepting new clients, if you need help with something, please reach out. I may be able to provide the answer you need, direct you to the right resource, or refer you to one of my colleagues who can better assist you.
HootSuite Author & Solution Provider
With HootSuite, larger businesses, organizations and enterprises can set up social media dashboards used for not only promoting content, but also social listening, customer service, prospecting, and internal team communication. I am a Certified HootSuite Professional and have written extensively to help businesses set up their HootSuite accounts and train staff on how to create a Social Media Command Center.
More casual and individual HootSuite users are encouraged to review my #HootSuiteSeries for HootSuite tips, guides and best practices.
Tags: #SocialMedia #Google+ #LinkedIn #Twitter #Facebook #HootSuite | #ContentMarketing #Blogging | #WebsiteDesign #WebDev #Drupal #CMS | #SEO #SEM
- The Ohio State UniversityInternational Studies, 1992 - 1995
- Bowling Green State UniversityHistory and Computer Science, 1996 - 1999
- Norwalk High School1988 - 1992
- The Social Media Hat (current)
- SiteSell Blog (current)
- LinkedIn Pulse Posts (current)
- Facebook Notes (current)
- Medium (current)
- Business2Community (current)
- Social Media Today (past)
- Plus Your Business! (current)
- List.ly (current)
- Scoop.it (current)
- Scoop.it! Blog (current)
- SmallBizClub (past)
- success.grownupgeek.com (past)
This collection of free guides and articles will help you work on every aspect of your blogging, including:
✐ WHEN & HOW TO WRITE BLOGS
✐ WHAT TO BLOG ABOUT
✐ PROMOTING BLOG POSTS
✐ MAKING MONEY FROM BLOG POSTS
Bookmark this resource, as it's packed with information, and will be updated regularly!
Start Here: http://thesmh.co/BloggingPrimer
#Blogging #BloggingTips #BloggingForBusiness
Turns out, that's not actually the case.
That's where notifications come in. Here's how to set them up for all the major social networks.
We often don't know when someone shares our content. They tweet a link and don't take the time to mention us, but they've done us a favor nonetheless, right? And if it's someone with a large following who ends up driving a lot of traffic to your site, you'll definitely want to find and thank that individual!
Would you like to know my biggest business regret? Not creating good content sooner to attract more sales and customers! In this new (free!) virtual summit, 60+ world-class marketing experts will open up their marketing playbooks and show you step-by-step instructions for how to create and promote engaging content that reaches your ideal customer and nurtures them into more sales.
Learn From 75 Elite Marketing Experts How To Create And Promote Engaging Content
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SUMMIT FOR FREE >>>> SIGN UP: https://kj321.isrefer.com/go/cpsregistration/mikeallton/
Your list drives traffic, drives sales, and drives your continued content needs.
Your blog will live or die by your list. So, naturally, growing that list should be a very interesting topic for you:
If you're looking to jumpstart your blog's conversion rate, this article will break down the exact steps you'll need to get your own content upgrade strategy up and running.