Chocolate Covered Bacon
10 thick-cut bacon slices
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
Option toppings: sprinkles, sea salt, etc
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Skewer each slice of bacon onto a wooden stick. It’s easiest if you fold up the bacon first, and then stick the skewer through it.
3. Place on a rack in a large baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until crisp. Cool completely.
4. Put chocolate and shortening in microwave-safe bowl and heat on high one minute. Stir. Microwave in additional 10-second increments if needed.
5. With pastry brush, coast both sides of bacon with chocolate. Garnish with sprinkles, if desired. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheets and put in the refrigerator until firm. Store in the refrigerator.