one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
View 16 previous comments
- meaning, your opinion might be stupid to the rest of the planet, but you have the RIGHT to say it..
that, however, will change.. soon enoughMar 15, 2012
- How is it that racism can be protected under the first amendment? How is it that racism can be attributed to stupidity instead of the vile institution that it is? How is hate speech protected but a black child walking from the store cant be protected from a vigilante neighborhood watchman?
Where is his freedom? Where is mine? Where us ours?Mar 15, 2012
- Freedom of speech, in its entirety... thats howMar 15, 2012
- Now for the rest of the story. It appears that the origin of the vehicle is unknown but the origin of the bumper sticker is. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/03/15/racist-anti-obama-sticker_n_1349423.htmlMar 15, 2012
- Thing is, people think "freedom of speech" should imply protection and immunity, which is a complete farce. If I went around spouting bigotry and racial slurs like this, I would fully expect at some point to get the shit kicked out of me. That's on me. Primal law dictates, and it's been around a lot longer than the freedom-of-speech "say whatever the hell you want and nobody is allowed to take offense" law we too often refer to.
Be prepared to face consequences of saying something unpopular and offensive. If someone keyed this guy's vehicle, I fully agree it would be his own damned fault. Is it right? No. Is it just? Who knows; in that moment, it might just be.Mar 15, 2012
- Right - the new attitude about freedom of speech is that only you get it. Rebuttals are crypto-fascist oppression, natch.Mar 15, 2012