"Learn robotics today, Teach robotics tomorrow" :)
Join us 7/29 - 7/30 in McAllen, Texas for a hands-on, minds-on experience designed to spark and support your desire to bring robotics to your classroom or campus. Building and programming robots will start you off on the right track, but the two-day bootcamp is also infused with challenge activities that teach high-value STEM content as well as opportunities to address state and national standards, 21st Century Skills, College and Career Readiness Standards and project-based learning.
Tickets are available at nvite.com/RobuEdu/c66d
This is so fun
- Colorado Christian UniversityCurriculum and Instruction Online, 2011
- Metropolitan State College of DenverElementary Education
I am reflective, and a good listener. I enjoy designing and facilitating online learning spaces for educators to inquire, share, reflect, and connect. Whenever possible I take time to work in classrooms, espouse the possibilities of 21st century connected and open learning, and facilitate discussions around questions that I have, or something I want to learn more about. I love learning, and sharing new ideas, tools, and discussions with my peers.
I try not to take myself too seriously and I surround myself with brilliant people who challenge and teach me often.
On the student side, my experience involves directing the build and design of High School online courses, technical development and course conversions, as well as curriculum course revisions and iterations. With more than five years of progressively responsible experience in eLearning and Blended Learning, I am consulted around ideas of strategic design and innovation in public and private schools internationally to support the professional development and redesign of classrooms, pedagogy, and traditional instructional models, to better serve all learners.
I am currently working as both a consultant and adjunct professor for Regis University in Colorado on the online and face to face side; working on aligning and re-imagining the teacher licensure program curriculum and the Master's level Ed Tech Degree with the University. I's strengths are in helping to maximize learning opportunities through the design of dynamic spaces (online and face to face) of interaction, inquiry, and engagement for students, teachers, and administrators. Dedicated to educational innovation, I strive to utilize best practice eLearning techniques and leverage a pedagogy and technology that allows for anywhere, anytime learning.
I am a Google Certified Teacher, Google Certifiied Trainer, and Google Trusted Trainer. Based out of Colorado, I lead workshops and consult internationally with a focus the Rocky Mountain region throughout the U.S. and Canada. I provide energetic, interactive, and productive workshops and trainings which are customized for each organization. I have extensive experience working with administrators, educators, IT, and also support staff.
Google Plus: gplus.to/mwacker
Blog: Read, Reflect, Share, and Repeat...
Delicious: mwacker Diigo: mwacker
- EdTechTeam IncChief of Professional Development, 2012 - presentDirect, evaluate and coordinate EdTech Team Custom PD services with schools and districts, including facilitation, mediation and individual long and short term coaching. Design, implement and lead organization-wide learning and development initiatives. Ensure that learning and development resources exist or are developed to support learning needs based upon near- and longterm goals of the EdTech Team.
- Jeffco Virtual AcademyInstructional Coach, 2013 - 2014Partner with principals, individual teachers, school sites, and articulation areas to implement new and existing curricula and assessments Support and implement district initiatives Develop and teach in-services and workshops Develop, coordinate, and support Induction for new teachers Communicate with district-level administrators, principals, and teachers through a variety of means Work with a variety of stakeholder groups within Educational Research and Design, as well as other instructional coaches. Participate in ongoing personal professional learning experiences as a means of enhancing the instructional, intervention, and assessment support provided to teachers. This includes participation in Cognitive Coaching and Adaptive Schools Establish trust, rapport, and credibility with entire school community Facilitate conversations with individual teachers, grade level teams, whole staffs, and other groups
- Regis UniversityAffiliate Faculty, 2008 - 2015Teach courses to undergraduate and graduate students. Design and support the build of Curriculum for teacher licensure Design and support the build of Instructional and Educational Technology Master's Level Courses Prepare and deliver lectures to students and conduct laboratory sessions or discussion groups Prepare, administer and grade examinations, laboratory assignments and reports Advise students on course and academic matters and career decisions Represent the university as speaker Provide professional consultative services to government, industry and private individuals.
- Jefferson County Public SchoolsTeacher and Coordinator, 2003 - 2010Elementary Teacher Assess, diagnose, and determine the academic needs of students. Develop and oversee the implementation of online instructional best practices Design and deliver professional staff development
- Denver Public SchoolsBlended Learning Program Manager, 2010 - 2013Provide support and manage: Best practices for the design and delivery of blended learning instruction Best practice methodologies for online information architecture, interface design, interaction design, usability issues, and user-centered design Application of learning theories to instructional design (e.g., behavioral, cognitive and constructivist) Best practice uses of rich media resources in learning environments Plan, manage and document projects Perform project needs analysis, task analysis, and gap analysis Evaluate non-traditional instructional programs—especially online and computer based Evaluate online curricular programs and software—especially online and computer based Facilitate user groups, focus groups, needs assessment meetings, and project teams Communicate, with a strong ability to communicate with diverse groups, including marketing presentations to various constituencies
Google Glass could help moms connect with their newborns - The Boston Globe
A study begins Tuesday at Brigham and Women’s Hospital to test whether the technology of Google Glass can help foster the precious bond betw
Safari Brings America's K-12 Free Books, Videos from O'Reilly
Safari is providing K-12 students and teachers open access to books, videos from O'Reilly Media as part of $100M White House ConnectED commi
How (and Why) to Create Interactive YouTube Videos
Last week I had the opportunity to work with some awesome teachers in Hudson Valley, New York as well as Suffolk, Virginia. It's awesome to
Genius app instantly solves math problems by using a phone's camera
I've seen the future and it is math less and it is awesome and it is this PhotoMath app that solves math problems just by pointing your phon
Google Photos' rumored divorce from Google+ could help increase photo sh...
Google is rumored to reorganize its Google+ social networking service, which could potentially result in Google separating the photos featur
Hands-On With Hyperlapse, Instagram’s New Video Creation App | TechCrunch
Instagram has just launched a brand new standalone app called Hyperlapse, which focuses entirely on mobile video creation. The app looks dea
School Board to Discuss Fate of Alleged Student Hackers
The Board of Education could decide tonight whether 11 students at Corona del Mar High School should be expelled for allegedly hacking into
Seth's Blog: Measuring nothing (with great accuracy)
The weight of a television set has nothing at all to do with the clarity of its picture. Even if you measure to a tenth of a gram, this prec