5 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Voice is too lowSep 8, 2014
- I know YouTube set it weird...switch to HD and it is much betterSep 8, 2014
- Following along with your first example, Banshee, searching for it on apps.ubuntu.com gave me a list of "Alarm extension for banshee", "Album art writer extension for banshee", etc etc. The app itself was the 7th one down. What's worse, when I saw there were bunch of results, I chose my Ubuntu version from the list on the left, and it told me that "No Applications Found" when USC had no trouble with it.
This is probably a quirk that you were referring to at the beginning of the video and will probably get fixed over time, but its just probably not a good first example you give.Sep 8, 2014
- my point has nothing to do with the current state of the website and the results but the potential it has to surpass the USC and how easily it could do so.
The results are crap in many ways on both sides but the website could address them much easier as php is much more flexible than I think they are using C to build the USC.
Also the UI restrictions that the USC is dealing with are easily wiped out by website development because you can do so much more much easier using already existing functionality.
On the website search, the results are terrible but hiding the technical packages just like the USC does solves most of the issues that currently arise.Sep 8, 2014
- Ubuntu software center could be improved, but not replaced. I like the idea of app application inside Ubuntu.Sep 9, 2014
- the actual management would not be replaced...just the exploring basically. Watch the last couple minutes, I explain that there.Sep 9, 2014
- I don't even understand what you are talking about? They would abandon the USC for the USI like I said in the video and then the website would provide the discovery and exploring features of the USC. I don't know what you are talking about with "look like the copy".Sep 10, 2014