Thanks to +Avinash Kaushik, it is also happy "Moore's Law" day...
...the logarithmic acceleration of technology.
The graph shows how long it took from first availability (in red font) to it being used by 25% of US population (in black font). It just gets faster, and faster and faster.
I bet if you check how long it will take 25% of the population to adopt the next big technology, it will be 25 months.
I'm personally grateful to the Internet/Web. Without it I would never have discovered what I truly love doing. Without it I would not have the opportunity to wake up and be incredibly excited to try in a small way to have a big impact.
It's a good thing for SEO that Search happens so rapidly... I'd love to see number of requests or clicks VS the time spent...
and conversions, or revenue from each type...
in a time when 76% of Mobile Search results in a purchase, I'd be hard-pressed to think that Social via Mobile performs remotely like that.
put together a nice circle graph detailing mobile use!
To enlarge image: http://goo.gl/WGszII
Are you ready to win 2015’s consumer heart and mind?
"Harvard Professor Shoshana Zuboff said that every century or so, fundamental changes in the nature of consumption create new demand patterns that existing companies can’t meet unless they applied imagination to see beyond what they’re selling today. Indeed, consumers have never been savvier, well connected, and value conscious.
Today’s consumers engage with your company in very different ways than they used to.
Meet Mike, your customer in 2015. Mike never loses sight of his iPhone. He’s very opinionated and not afraid to share his opinion using his social media channels (whether good or bad). He doesn’t trust advertising and only connects with brands that he feels are authentic and stand for higher purpose. He publicly admits to showrooming and has been conditioned to expect everything immediately and now."
Take a look at this infographic to find more about your tomorrow’s consumer.
Pin it: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/381539399654004770/
This is a test introduced by to see if Google+ activity can influence search. Please share this URL in your own Google+ stream to participate. (but don't link to the page, these posts, or share socially anywhere outside of Google+)
- MSDesignConsultant, 2013 - presentDigital Marketing Consultant.
- WebiMaxSEO & Social Media Strategist, 2010 - 2013As a Digital Marketing Strategist consultant at WebiMax I made it my mission to bringing a targeted and motivated market to websites, then serve those visitors with conversion goals in mind to achieve the best business results (ROI). As I grew from Project Manager, then Sales Support, SEO & Social Media Strategist and finally, Digital Marketing Strategist, I was a dynamic part of growing this online marketing agency, one of Forbes Most Promising Companies, and twice awarded the Inc. 500 Fastest-Growing Companies. • I created strategies that improved business metrics and thus, KPIs, for B2B and B2C from SMB to enterprise. Those strategic marketing plans led the SEO, Inbound Marketing, Content, Design, Development and Social Media teams. I trained clients, inspired and instructed their teams to attain traffic, increase impressions, grow reach and market share. • New profit centers grew, including the agency's Reputation Management practice established under my tutelage, expanded and improved Social Media offerings, effective Conversion Optimization auditing, Link Profiling and Google Algorithm and Penalty prevention and recovery. Most of these operations began as extensions of my Consulting work. • Peers and consulting clients know me for bringing exhaustive research and masterful, personable communications to relate actionable strategies, creative concepts, scalable processes and do-able tactics geared to achieve business goals. A creative with formidable analytic skills, I bring a unique perspective to my profession.
- Marketing Communications StudioIndependent Consultant, 2009 - 2010• Worked with clients and/or firms on corporate identity issues, wrote website content, company one-pagers, and other marketing strategies • Lead and facilitated projects on branding and positioning briefs • Designed, Developed, Edited and Managed corporate websites • Supervised investment meetings and coordinated with support staff • Responsible for outlining product development process, provided a work calendar detailing project deadlines, delivered a complete report of findings and recommendations • Utilized email and CRM to manage business contacts, clients, contract renewals and sales leads
I've been driving Digital Marketing for over a decade, training and consulting extensively with E-Commerce, Organizations, SEO and Content teams, CEOs, CIOs, CTOs, CMOs, owner-operators.
As an agency consultant, I create strategies that lead the SEO, Inbound Marketing, Content, Design, Development, Social Media, Brand and Reputation Management teams as a Digital Marketing Strategist.
- been an invited speaker at ASPDotNetStoreFront Conference, SMX East,
- led webinars, training, mentoring, and performed in promotional videos
- written on agency blogs, and publications such as the Philadelphia Inquirer and Philly Ad News magazine.
Among my peers and consulting clients, I am known for bringing exhaustive research and masterful, personable communications to relate actionable strategies, creative concepts, scalable processes and do-able tactics geared to achieve business goals. I have helped websites recover from Google Penguin, Panda and Manual Penalties and Filtering. A creative with a fearsome grasp of analytic skills, I bring a unique perspective to my profession.
I consult for MSDesign. That grew from a successful Marketing Communications agency serving the web design and development, print design, publishing and financial reporting needs of brands such as Audubon, PBS, GE, Verizon, Doubletree, FAA, Equity Inns, Sears, Blue Cross Blue Shield. Our clients included Philadelphia's largest agencies and studios working on accounts from Fortune 500 to SMB. I'm proud to have earned numerous national and regional creative awards.
- Network Learninig InstituteNet+ Certification, 2009 - 2010
- Internetwork Learning InstituteCIW Web Professional, 2009 - 2010
Official: Google Brings "Not Provided" To Ads, Will Withhold Search Quer...
As suspected, Google is moving to secure search for clicks on paid search ads. In an announcement posted by Paul Feng, Product Management Di
Study: Social Media Isn't Replacing Traditional News Outlets At All
The Media Insight Project--a joint effort between the American Press Institute API, the Associated Press, and NORC at the University of Chic
Insights from DoubleClick: Video advertising momentum – Think Insights –...
DoubleClick’s research uncovers trends in video advertising. See which advertisers and publishers are leaders in the digital video space.
Google Didn’t Want Us To Use The Keyword Planner This Way. But It Works ...
Just practicing my Upworthy titles. Did it make you click? Now that you're here, we'll look at what I'm talking about in a moment. But first
How to find and engage influencers in your industry | Wordtracker Blog
What's the best way to get your content shared? Digital marketing consultant Matthew Barby explores how you can identify and utilize industr
Google Requiring Some Business To Reverify Their Listings Or Be Removed ...
Some business owners are receiving emails from Google requiring them to reverify their listings within three-weeks or their listings will be
How to create and restore an OS X recovery partition
Jesus Vigo goes over the steps to create and restore a recovery partition for OS X Mavericks.
Infographic: Top Coveted Digital Marketing Skills for 2014
According to new research carried out by OMI, Fortune 500 companies as well as other global agencies face a serious skills shortage when it
Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Changes in rankings of smartphon...
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 6:03 AM. Webmaster level: Intermediate. Smartphone users are a significant and fast growing segment of Internet us
Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Sitemaps: One file, many content...
Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 4:48 PM. Webmaster Level: All Have you ever wanted to submit your various content types (video, images, etc.) in o
Facebook Removing Option To Be Unsearchable By Name, Highlighting Lack O...
“Who can look up your Timeline by name?” Anyone you haven't blocked. Facebook is removing this privacy setting, notifying those who had hidd