This is pretty cool: Google is working on deeper integration between G+ Hangouts and YouTube Live, meaning you can watch a livestream and chat about it with friends in a Hangout.
They've quietly enabled this feature in Hangouts already, apparently:
1. Start a Hangouts session in Google+ and invite your contacts to join you.
2. In a separate browser tab, head over to YouTube.com/Live and select a live stream of your choice.
3. Copy the YouTube video I.D. of the selected live stream. Not sure how to find it? Just click on the share link below the video. You’ll get to see a link like http://youtu.be/XXXXXXXX
– the cryptic code after the slash is the video I.D.
4. Switch back to hangouts, open the video tab and search for the I.D. Click play, and you’re all set.Anyone wanna try it and let us know if it works?