Windows 10 is spying on almost everything you do – here’s how to opt out | BGR
Android notifications always try to order notifications by importance. For a long time this was determined only by the notification’s priority and timestamp. With Android 5.0, a number of new metadata fields were added that influence ranking decisions. One of the most important of those is the option to associate people with the notification, via addPerson()
addPerson() takes a URI in one of three forms:
- a CONTENT_LOOKUP_URI (http://goo.gl/2xA4ph) or the “permanent” link to an individual contact already in the user’s Contacts content provider
- a tel: schema for phone numbers, which will use ContactsContract.PhoneLookup (http://goo.gl/K6C36e) to find the associated user
- a mailto: schema for email addresses
This search results in one of three outcomes for each notification: no match found, a match found, or a starred contact found. Notifications from starred contacts are deemed the most important, while any match is deemed a higher priority than no contact at all. This means that adding people information may break a tie between similar notifications, favoring the notification that includes people in the user’s contacts.
If you’ve used priority mode to filter out notifications to only the essential, you may have noticed that one of the options there is to only receive calls or messages from starred contacts - this uses the same people metadata to determine whether a notification should interrupt a user. Adding this information can be key to ensuring that user’s expectations in priority mode are honored.
You don’t need to build your own contacts provider (http://goo.gl/4lwvU4) or even have the Contacts permission to take advantage of addPerson() - adding what information you have in the form of email addresses or phone numbers can be enough to improve the user’s notification experience, leveraging the contacts they already have on their device.
We understand how important it is for you to connect with your users’ Android devices, so if your server is using ClientLogin to authenticate itself and your app is currently registering with GCM without using Sender ID, you will have to follow these steps:
1. Update the app and register with Sender ID. The app on the device will receive a new registration token. See Getting Started for the respective platforms on how to obtain a Sender ID:
2. Once your server has received the new registration token, the server can stop authenticating itself using ClientLogin when trying to send GCM messages to the app on the device. You can find instructions on how to send GCM push messages without ClientLogin here for HTTP (https://goo.gl/635Xkn) and here for XMPP (https://goo.gl/Xj47TC).
* Reducing story load time from disk cache from 35ms to 4ms (per story)
* Transient memory allocations are reduced by 75 percent,
* Cold start time is improved by 10-15 percent.
* Storage size reduced by 15 percent.
Beta testing, a critical part of any developer's workflow, is now getting even better. Learn about the new open beta process that lets you sign users up with one click, as well as new tools for managing closed betas in the developer console without the need for a Google+ Community or Google Group. #androidDev
Our biggest feature release for the year so far, it includes a new memory profiler, improved testing support, and full editing and debugging support for C++.
- Angry Birds Under Pigstruction
- Hungry Shark Evolution
- Star Wars™:KOTOR
- Space Coast Reef Wallpapers
- Beach Buggy Racing
Futuristic GUI Watch Face - Android Apps on Google Play
Futuristic GUI Watch Face for Android Wear!Features of Futuristic GUI Watch Face : - Circular animation in interactive mode - Choose design
How to Process Terabytes - per Day (or: my account of Splunk .conf 2013)...
Processing several terabytes of data per day is not too uncommon and easily possible with Splunk – that is one of the many things I learned
Audible –Hörbücher von Audible – Android-Apps auf Google Play
Kopfkino an – Alltag aus: Herzlich willkommen bei Audible, dem führenden Anbieter von Hörbüchern zum Download. Damit Ihr Alltag überall zum
Google Connectivity Services - Android Apps on Google Play
Google Connectivity Services helps Android handle network connections. Keep it updated to ensure your device has the latest networking capab
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - Movies & TV on Google Play
For the first time ever on digital, experience the triumph of the Force in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi. In the epic conclusio
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - Movies & TV on Google Play
For the first time ever on digital, discover the conflict between good and evil in the electrifying Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strike
Star Wars: A New Hope - Movies & TV on Google Play
For the first time ever on digital, Luke Skywalker begins a journey that will change the galaxy in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope. Ninet
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones - Movies & TV on Google Play
For the first time ever on digital, watch the seeds of Anakin Skywalker's transformation take root in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones. Ten y