- Self-EmployedDesigner / Developer, 2004 - present
- aboutLifeCofounder / CPO, 2013 - 2014
- MagiDesign Lead, 2011 - 2012
- Hi5 NetworksSenior Interaction Designer, 2010 - 2011
- EnvatoTutorial Writer (NETTUTS+), 2009 - 2009
- Red Square AgencyDesigner / Developer, 2009 - 2010
- Compass Marketing, Inc.Designer / Developer, 2008 - 2009
- FoliopodOwner / Dev Lead, 2007 - 2008
- Transcend Innovation GroupDesigner / Developer, 2007 - 2008
- NotionFounder, 2012 - 2013
1657A Fulton St San Francisco, CA 94117
I was most recently the Chief Product Officer of aboutLife. With a background in interaction design and full-stack software engineering, I drove aboutLife's product vision and execution for the first year and a half during which my cofounders and I successfully raised a multi-million dollar Series A round from great investors. Prior to aboutLife, I had been working on my personal data startup, Notion, building an app for discovering insights within your personal data.
I led the design team at hi5 Networks where I redesigned the virtual goods and social games systems used by 30M+ users monthly. While leading the team, I designed some of the company's most innovative products and features such as SocioPay, SocioPath, and Anonymous Social Gameplay. Additionally, I designed much of hi5's successor site, Magi, before moving on to start my own startup.
I have worked as a design and engineering consultant for such clients as Donna (by Incredible Labs, acquired by Yahoo!), AT&T (for their Speech API DevLab), TimePlay Entertainment, Marble Cloud Security, and several smaller startups such as Transcend Innovation, an educational startup in Chicago, and Twitpay one of the first social payments apps. I started in the industry as a one-person design and development shop for advertising/marketing agencies in Chicago and southern Alabama specializing in e-commerce and SEO.
- University of South AlabamaPhilosophy & Biomedical Sciences, 2003 - 2006- Dual-Degree Honors Program (Philosophy and Biomedical Sciences) - Early Acceptance Program to the College of Medicine - Note: Attended from 2003 to 2006. Dropped out in 2006 to pursue computer technologies instead of medicine
Facebook Buys Mobile Analytics Company Onavo… And (Finally?) Gets Its Of...
Big news for a Monday morning: Onavo, the Israeli mobile analytics company, has just announced that it has been acquired by Facebook. Onavo
Internet giants planning to wipe out child abuse images - Telegraph
Major companies, including Facebook, Microsoft, Google and Twitter, are in secret discussions to create a system that could banish child abu
Meet Donna, Your Mobile Personal Assistant From Khosla-Backed Startup In...
Don’t have a “custom-designed, one-of-a-kind bespoke app… to communicate and collaborate” with your assistant through? Hell, don’t even have
Why the mantis shrimp is my new favorite animal - The Oatmeal
Additional notes from the author. This comic was inspired by wonderful podcast about color from RadioLab. If you've never listened to RadioL