- MICHAEL MURPHY DESIGNOwner, 2008 - present
- LAMPS PLUSInterior Design & Trends Producer, 2011 - present
- KENNETH BROWN DESIGNProducer / Social Media Consultant, 2009 - 2014
- AOL: "The Heidi Klum Project”Art Director / Field Producer, 2011
- CHRISTOPHER LOWELL, INCDirector of Merchandise & Design, 1997 - 2008
- HGTV / SCRIPPS NETWORKSDesign Producer, 2012 - 2012
- STYLE NETWORK / E! ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISIONDesign Producer, 2010 - 2010
- SCRIPPS NETWORKS / CHRISTOPHER LOWELL, INC.Supervising Producer, 2008 - 2009
- DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONSDesign Producer, 1997 - 2008
- CHRISTOPHER LOWELL, INC.Director of Merchandise and Design, 1997 - 2008
Award-winning interior designer and digital content creator Michael Murphy discovered his innate design talent at 10-years old.
After living in one white box after another, this army brat finally had enough. With his parents gone for the day, Michael scavenged paint from his neighbor's garage and restyled the family's cookie cutter army base housing into a designer showplace. (At least that's how he remembers it).
Today, this talented designer still relies on the same principals that guided that inspired boy: Use what you LOVE; COLOR dramatically changes everything; and GREAT DESIGN doesn't have to cost a fortune.
Michael has designed and styled hundreds of rooms for clients, television, print, and advertising. He has developed products and coordinated launches for an international furniture line with Office Depot, a national furniture line for Flexsteel, a national bedding and home accessory lines for QVC and HSN, coordinated six interior design books published by Clarkson Potter, developed an extensive fabric collection for Jo Ann Fabrics, designed products for Smith+Noble, 3 Day Blinds and Catalina Lighting.
With this extensive background in the home arts, Michael founded his own design firm aptly titled Michael Murphy Design. With the same foundation that guided him on an army base in Kentucky several years ago, Michael is designing rooms using the things you love and creating engaging digital content that is unique and inspiring.