- Nerdy ConnectionsOwner / Art Director, 2011 - presentContract work for Aquent: - Created User Interface, User Experience and Interaction design on web and mobile platforms for a Major Healthcare Provider. Beats By Dre contract work: - Created UI, UX and GUI interfaces for various smartphone platforms. - Contracted by software engineers and program managers to collaborate and create graphics for wire framing and designs. - Created original artwork for promotional material and Keynote presentations. Zinman Company contract work: - Created hand drawn storyboard art used for stage graphics on the 2013 Grammy Nominations Concert in Los Angeles, CA. - Made stage graphics for the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC. - Artwork for the 8mm WinVision LED for performances at the 2012 & 2013 Academy of Country Music Awards.
- MPROArt Director, 2008 - 2011• Supervised projects and managed staff of 10 graphic and motion designers for domestic and international broadcast clients • Involved in creation of over 200 original designs for packaging, posters, point of purchase, broadcast and website projects • Created and managed website wireframing, prototyping, social media branding, and user-centered designs including skins, control panels and wallpapers for commercial clients • Conceptualized DVD user interface designs for motion graphics • Successfully branded and managed design for trade show booths
- Twistbox EntertainmentSenior Designer, 2007 - 2008• Developed designs for print, websites, and web-to-mobile user interface for clients in the US, Asia, and UK • Collaborated with UI/UX developers to create graphic illustrations for mobile phone platforms
- Urban GraphicsArt Director, 1991 - 1997• Created, managed and designed original advertisements for feature projects and packaging for multimillion dollar clients • Coordinated all high-end DVD key art designs, magazine covers, promotional ads, motion graphics for point-of-purchase • Developed user interfaces for websites, mobile phones, and DVD projects • Contracted, by HBO’s The Sopranos, to create featured on-set props • Designed 4-story billboard displayed in New York City’s Times Square
- CHUD GraphicsSenior Designer, 1991 - 1997• Created 10-12 advertisements per week for print, CD packaging, and marketing collateral • Designed in-store signage and point-of-purchase materials for Zia Records locations in Phoenix, Tempe, and Tucson, Arizona • Successfully created artwork for albums, logos, flyers, and t-shirts for touring musical artists
Type 3.0: The Future of Typography Today - Print Magazine
Steve Matteson, Creative Type Director for Monotype, explores the most significant change in the evolution of typography since Gutenberg: Ty
Social media cheat sheet (2014) – super speedy, all you needy | The Pink...
Super speedy, all you needy, social media cheat sheet. Everything you need to know about branding your social media channels.
42 great examples of doodle art | Illustration | Creative Bloq
If you don't think of doodling as a serious art form, then think again. Here we've picked some great examples to inspire you.
5 reasons you should learn UX design | UX | Creative Bloq
Matt Cynamon of General Assembly drills down five reasons why you should get into UX design - or brush up on your skills.
40 tips for faster working with Adobe tools | Creative Cloud | Creative ...
Looking to work faster, smarter and more efficiently? Creative Cloud is packed with fantastic new functionality that will save you time whet
Adidas unveils new World Cup football design - plus discover the 5 best ...
Can I kick it? Yes you can. Adidas has announced the Brazuka - the ball to be used at next year's FIFA World Cup. Here it is, plus we count
5 insanely inspiring illustrator's sketchbooks | Illustration | Creative...
Get into the heads of five top illustrators, as author and lecturer Anna Wray exposes the intimate contents of their sketchbooks.
Legendary Designer George Lois's Surefire, NSFW Secret For Success
If you're at the office plug in your headphones and watch this. Original Mad Man George Lois may not always be safe for work--but his views
100 Illustrators. TASCHEN Books (Jumbo, TASCHEN 25 Edition)
Picture this: The biggest players in the highly competitive field of illustration. Published by TASCHEN Books
Designer Con 2013 Nov 9th & 10th | Smog City Online Clothing Store
Designer Con 2013 November 9th & 10th, 2013 | Pasadena Convention Center, Exhibit Hall | 300 E. Green Street, Pasadena, CA 91101 | www.desig
How to create roundhand lettering | Typography | Creative Bloq
Self-taught typographer Glen Weisgerber showcases his talents in this brilliant demonstration of roundhand lettering.
Training | First Look: Mac OS X Mavericks Essential Training
Get a first look at Mavericks, the latest version of Mac OS X, in this preview of Mac OS X Mavericks Essential Training.
An ode to the beauty of neon | Print design | Creative Bloq
The latest in viction:ary's Palette book series examines the appeal of fluorescent graphics and where they work best.
15 top typography resources | Typography | Creative Bloq
Want to learn or hone your skills in the art of typography? Then check out these top online typography resources, where you'll find tons of
Watch: Jaw-Dropping Software Makes 3-D Models From Any Photo | Wired Des...
Tao Chen hopes that 3-Sweep can finally democratize 3-D design.
Packaging design: 45 inspirational examples | Packaging | Creative Bloq
With so many products out there, packaging design is as important as ever. Take a look at these examples of packaging design to witness the