This is incredible: there is a fake ICSB 2012. Talk about charlatans with no conscience.
3 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 14 previous comments
- +Sylvain Soliman
yes i came across this while looking for fake WASET conferences!
But after 2 years of that post, waset has changed a lot
they are indexing their journals and search results leads directly to WASET
But my question is does a WASET certificate is of any credential in Universities or its just an organization that gives some certificates.?Nov 10, 2012
- Personally I ignore this kind of stuff (journals or conferences from WASET or similar organisations) when reviewing an application.
I don't consider it a negative point either (we can all fall once for a scam) unless it is repeated.
May be I should be more strict and even consider such reference a drawback since that might be the only way to fight phony conferences/journals…Nov 10, 2012
- Not sure to what degree WASET is a scam. It might just be a business that makes money by running conferences, without caring much about the science.Nov 12, 2012
- Could you please tell if (International conference on cognitive linguistics) http://www.waset.org/conferences/2013/italy/iccl/ is a fake conference or not. I amreally confused , what should i do. Should I submit in it or not..btw how to clarify whether a conference under waset is fake or not?Jul 15, 2013
- I don't personally trust any of the WASET conferences.Jul 16, 2013
- Hi Michael. Does it mean the conference pasted below may be fake on anything? I am actually intending to attend the conference but not sure if its legit. Check out the link: http://www.waset.org/conferences/2013/venice/icicn/. Thanks.Sep 6, 2013