NOAA has an interactive "global climate dashboard" that allows you to visualize many different climate observations and projections online. In the image, I've plotted the level of carbon dioxide in atmosphere, the amount of heat in the upper part of the ocean, and the global surface temperature of the planet.
Other available measurements include Arctic sea ice, global sea level, spring snow cover, and El Nino events.
He Dashboard is available at http://www.climate.gov/
#climatechange #globalwarming #visualization #science #sciencecommunication
- Vermont Law SchoolMaster of Environmental Law and Policy, 2011
- University Of Massachusetts AmherstMaster of Regional Planning, 2011
- University Of Massachusetts AmherstBS - Environmental Design, 2009
- Johnson & Wales College of BusinessAS - Small Business Accounting, 1996
Hi! I'm a Climate Change Adaptation and Development Specialist based
in Washington, DC. As a government contractor, I manage parts of USAID's Climate Change Adaptation program, called Climate Change Resilient Development (CCRD). CCRD has projects in over 23 developing countries.
CCRD, I'm the Communications Manager of the overall program. With a
team of writers, editors, and videographers, we produce technical and
guidance reports, factsheets, videos, webinars, and white papers.
As Project Coordinator of the High Mountain Adaptation Partnership (HiMAP),
I help manage a $1.3 million budget, workplan, and deliverables
schedule. HiMAP works on climate adaptation programs and policies in the
Andes and Himalayan mountain regions.
As Technical Adviser, I provide technical analysis of climate impacts and options for addressing climate vulnerability to USAID.
I hope to retire somewhere in Scandinavia...
- International Resources GroupSenior Climate Change Adaptation and Development Specialist, 2013 - 2016
- Climate Change Adaptation ConsultantECODIT, 2016 - presentClimate Adaptation Specialist
- Association of Climate Change OfficersProgram Manager, Climate Adaptation, 2011 - 2012