https://twitter.com/Mike_Beckett/status/605096681110179840 The party can rise again like a phoenix from the ashes, a month after the General Election in May 2015 and the membership had risen by over a third.
If you're not already a member, may I ask you to consider joining the Liberal Democrats by firstly checking out what we believe:
and then do consider joining us today, you're most welcome:
Tags: #TimFarron #NormanLamb #Liberal #Democrats #Lib #Dem #Dems #LiberalDemocrats #Hustings #ALDE #Alliance #Moderate #Community #Equality #Freedom #Fairness #Farron #Lamb #NickClegg #Clegg #FightBack #putting #people #first #championing #values #Liberty #party #rise #again #phoenix #ashes #General #Election #May #GE2015 #membership #Member #Join #LibDems #Libs #Democrat #Tim2Lead #NormTrooper #Time4Tim #BackNorman
Publish Chilcot, Iraq Inquiry, now!
Sir John Chilcot Chairs the British public inquiry into the nation's role in the Iraq War with broad terms of reference to consider Britain's involvement in Iraq between mid-2001 and July 2009. The inquiry commenced on 24 November 2009 and concluded taking witness evidence on 2 February 2011. The government has refused to disclose communications evidence between Bush and Blair. At the time Conservatives and Labour MPs supported the war in Iraq with the Liberal Democrats voting against.
I suggest the Iraq war was against international law and therefore illegal. The dodgy dossier used to bump us into the war, was spin and at the very least serious concerns remain about the death of Dr David Kelly. What evidence has the inquiry uncovered, will Blair and Bush subsequently be charged by an international tribunal for committing war crimes?
The million word report of the Inquiry was due to be released to the public by 2014, we are still waiting...
Tags: #Publish #Chilcot #Iraq #Inquiry #SirJohnChilcot #Chairs #British #publicinquiry #IraqWar #Britain #uk #evidence #war #government #Bush #Blair #Conservatives #Labour #MP #Liberal #Democrats #LibDems #international #law #illegal #dodgy #dossier #DavidKelly #tribunal #warcrimes
Tags: #Fairer #Votes #electoral #reform #transferable #single #vote #stv #proportional #government #democracy #leadership #choice #ballot #rule #law #consent #legitimacy #civil #contract #taxation #services #party #Labour #Conservative #Tory #LibDems #Liberal #Democrats #Green #SNP #PlaidCymru #TUSC #UKIP #EU #UN #UK #Great #Britain #Wales #England #Scotland #Northern #Ireland #NI #rules
New members who join before 4pm tomorrow Wednesday 3rd June can vote on the leadership election: LibDems.org.uk/Join #Time4Tim #Tim2Lead #TimTalks
- York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation TrustGovernor, 2012 - present
- Mennonite TrustTrust Administrator, 2013 - present
- North Yorkshire and York ForumNon Executive Director (NED) and Trustee, 2010 - present
- Liberal DemocratsProspective Parliamentary Candidate for the people of Scarborough and Whitby, 2015 - presentPutting local people first, getting value for money and making things happen so we build a stronger economy, a fairer society through creating opportunities for everyone.
- Malton Town Council(Cllr) Councillor, 2006 - 2015
- Caring for Business LtdExecutive Director, 2010 - 2014
- Next StepsFormer Trustee now Specialist Advisor, 2005 - 2014
- Liberal DemocratsChair of Thirsk and Malton Liberal Democrats, 2008 - 2012
- Ryedale Citizens Advice BureauTrustee and Non Executive Director, 2007 - 2012
- Citizens Advice BureauSpecialist Services Manager, 2005 - 2008
- York and District MindExecutive Director, 2008 - 2011
- National Health Service (NHS)Nursing Assistant, 2001 - 2003
- Emergency Night ShelterManager, 2000 - 2001
- York Travellers TrustProject Worker, 2004 - 2005
- Mental Health MattersSupport Worker, 2003 - 2004
- Buzz (current)
Mike has worked as a cross sector leader with a portfolio career, for example in the (NHS) National Health Service, as a homeless shelter manager, a (CAB) Citizens Advice Bureau manager, the Executive Director and Company Secretary of a local Mind charitable company and as the Trust Administrator for the Mennonite Trust. At University of London, Goldsmith College he read Politics with Economics.
Mike is a progressive cooperator with a belief in the need to engage with all people involved in Community Politics, Social Policy, Ethics, Business and Commerce, Economics, Governance and Public Affairs. Mike believes corporate governance is essential, with monitoring through internal audit procedures, supervision and total quality management systems.
You might also be interested in reading Mike Beckett's likeable facebook page! My personal business blog, go on have a read! Mike Beckett's professional connections on LinkedIn!
To keep up to date with Mike's latest news, circle me ⊕ on Gplus.
Career profile: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/michaelbeckettesq
- Ailurophile & Canophilist (likes cats & dogs).
- Alternative and 80s music fans. ♪♬
- Amateur Knitlete.
- Arts and Crafts movement.
- Beta-tester for G+
- Blogger (Business, Community & Politics). ✎
- British Anglophile.
- Chasers of extraordinary opportunities.
- Charter 88 signatory.
- Community Organiser
- Current affairs enthusiasts.
- Dyslexic and writer in the third person.
- Economics experts.
- Friendly people.
- Friends of entrepreneurs.
- Governance and strategy.
- Instigators of change.
- Intrapreneurs and Entrepreneurs.
- Liberal Democrats (LibDems).
- Lifelong learning.
- Political news curators.
- Pragmatic Futurist. ∞ Peakist
- Professional Directors.
- Proponent of ecumenism and tolerance
- Public affairs aficionados.☼
- Science Fiction fans.
- Small and Medium size Businessmen.
- Social media enthusiast.
- Social policy wonks.
- Social Science research.
- Spirituality and faith.
- Startup lovers.
- Yorkshire folk.
- Leeds Metropolitan UniversityDiploma in Company Direction - Institute of Directors, 2011 - 2011
- Leeds Metropolitan UniversityCertificate in Company Direction - Institute of Directors (IoD) with Distinction, 2011 - 2011
- Goldsmiths CollegeBA (Hons) Politics with Economics, 1996 - 1999
- Sir Richard Tauntons ColegeA Levels, 1991 - 1993
Liberal Democrats stand up for British trade & jobs; UKIP and Eurosc...
Following a number of Twitter exchanges about trade with Eurosceptics (mostly UKIP supporters), I decided I needed a bit more than 140 chara
Mayor of Deal Deryck Murray leaves Labour and joins Liberal Democrats
Good news from Kent as the Mayor of the Town, Cllr Deryck Murray resigns from Labour and joins the Liberal Democrats. Cllr Murray said: I re
In previously unknown letter, Primo Levi explains the Holocaust to a you...
‘Rather than accusing them of cruelty, I would accuse the Germans of these days of selfishness, of being indifferent and intentionally ignor
A Periodic Table To Help You Choose The Best Type Of Visualization - Edu...
People love visuals. Visuals have been shown to help us learn more quickly and to retain more information than text alone. We’re more easily
5 Ways to Drastically Improve Social Media Productivity
We at Kairay Media always love finding ways to get things done more efficiently.... (well, who doesn't?!) It's vital for us, social media ma
More Actionable Google Analytics Tips | Analytics & Optimization
Early this year I published an article with 10 actionable Google Analytics tips. Since then, I wrote a few dozen posts on my weekly tips on
How bullying nearly destroyed my life - and how I wish things like #bigm...
Earlier today, I did a brief post about how I supported Beatbullying's Big March to kick off Anti-Bullying Week. Now I want to tell you a bi
UKIP Candidate Defects to... "Blonde, curly hair, grey eyes"
Tracey Gough, who contested the Underhill ward of Weymouth and Portland Borough Council for UKIP in May, has been nominated for the Portland
The Tree of 40 Fruit Is Exactly as Awesome as It Sounds | Epicurious.com
Read The Tree of 40 Fruit Is Exactly as Awesome as It Sounds - Artist Sam Van Aken discusses his thought-provoking project and its place at
Tim Farron’s Beveridge Lecture in full: “Let’s say a huge yes to active,...
Lib Dem party president Tim Farron delivered the Beveridge Lecture at this weekend’s Social Liberal Forum conference. Here’s what he said… W
A Spotlight Drone That Acts Like a Flying Photo Assistant | Design | WIRED
The drone’s positioning responds to the photographer’s needs.
General Election 2010: Labour's broken manifesto pledges - Telegraph
Labour's 2005 election manifesto made a series of bold promises, but how many were kept? We look at the pledges made and what actually happe
Julian Huppert MP writes…..The Preamble, 25 years on
25 years ago, our party agreed its new constitution – and the preamble to that constitution, setting out our core values and vision. Many of