Wide chainmail belt
Anchor buckled chainmail belt
Celtic oval buckled chainmail belt
Ornate Persian chainmail belt
Norton buckled chainmail belt
#LibDems #TimFarron #Tim #Farron #Liberal #Democrats #Trudeau #JustinTrudeau #ALDE #D66 #Liberale #LiberalDemocrats #Speech #Brighton #UK #EU #Europe #GB #England #Wales #Scotland #NorthernIreland #Ireland #ALDEparty #Open #Tolerant #United #people #Liberty
Tags: #Democracy #speaking #Democractic #Western #WesternDemocracy #PeterSlessor #memorial #lecture #Scarborough #Yorkshire #Vote #40Club #FortyClub #UnitedNationsAssociation #UnitedNations #United #Nations #Association #Politics #Debate #Referendum #Representative #HumanRights #Choice #Export #ForeignPolicy #InternationalRelations #Democrats #LiberalDemocracy
but i think their assertion about western implementations of democracy is accurate
as they all violate the basic democratic principle of democracy that candidates are not allowed to put themselves forward (to ensure professional politicians never arise) candidates in a democratic system were to be selected jury style from eligible citizenry with little choice but to serve if elected
(eligible is where i think certain sensible constraints of minimum iq basic understanding of cause>effect etc could be taken, avoid those who make decisions based not on evidence but dogmatic principle/belief (whether religious or other forms of fundamentalism such as in economic theory))
- York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation TrustGovernor, 2012 - present
- Mennonite TrustTrust Administrator, 2013 - present
- North Yorkshire and York ForumNon Executive Director (NED) and Trustee, 2010 - present
- Liberal DemocratsProspective Parliamentary Candidate for the people of Scarborough and Whitby, 2015 - presentPutting local people first, getting value for money and making things happen so we build a stronger economy, a fairer society through creating opportunities for everyone.
- Malton Town Council(Cllr) Councillor, 2006 - 2015
- Caring for Business LtdExecutive Director, 2010 - 2014
- Next StepsFormer Trustee now Specialist Advisor, 2005 - 2014
- Liberal DemocratsChair of Thirsk and Malton Liberal Democrats, 2008 - 2012
- Ryedale Citizens Advice BureauTrustee and Non Executive Director, 2007 - 2012
- Citizens Advice BureauSpecialist Services Manager, 2005 - 2008
- York and District MindExecutive Director, 2008 - 2011
- National Health Service (NHS)Nursing Assistant, 2001 - 2003
- Emergency Night ShelterManager, 2000 - 2001
- York Travellers TrustProject Worker, 2004 - 2005
- Mental Health MattersSupport Worker, 2003 - 2004
Mike has worked as a cross sector leader with a portfolio career, for example in the (NHS) National Health Service, as a homeless shelter manager, a (CAB) Citizens Advice Bureau manager, the Executive Director and Company Secretary of a local Mind charitable company and as the Trust Administrator for the Mennonite Trust. At University of London, Goldsmith College he read Politics with Economics.
Mike is a progressive cooperator with a belief in the need to engage with all people involved in Community Politics, Social Policy, Ethics, Business and Commerce, Economics, Governance and Public Affairs. Mike believes corporate governance is essential, with monitoring through internal audit procedures, supervision and total quality management systems.
You might also be interested in reading Mike Beckett's likeable facebook page! My personal business blog, go on have a read! Mike Beckett's professional connections on LinkedIn!
To keep up to date with Mike's latest news, circle me ⊕ on Gplus.
Career profile: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/michaelbeckettesq
- Ailurophile & Canophilist (likes cats & dogs).
- Alternative and 80s music fans. ♪♬
- Amateur Knitlete.
- Arts and Crafts movement.
- Beta-tester for G+
- Blogger (Business, Community & Politics). ✎
- British Anglophile.
- Chasers of extraordinary opportunities.
- Charter 88 signatory.
- Community Organiser
- Current affairs enthusiasts.
- Dyslexic and writer in the third person.
- Economics experts.
- Friendly people.
- Friends of entrepreneurs.
- Governance and strategy.
- Instigators of change.
- Intrapreneurs and Entrepreneurs.
- Liberal Democrats (LibDems).
- Lifelong learning.
- Political news curators.
- Pragmatic Futurist. ∞ Peakist
- Professional Directors.
- Proponent of ecumenism and tolerance
- Public affairs aficionados.☼
- Science Fiction fans.
- Small and Medium size Businessmen.
- Social media enthusiast.
- Social policy wonks.
- Social Science research.
- Spirituality and faith.
- Startup lovers.
- Yorkshire folk.
- Goldsmiths CollegeBA (Hons) Politics with Economics, 1996 - 1999
- Sir Richard Tauntons ColegeA Levels, 1991 - 1993
- Leeds Beckett UniversityDiploma in Company Direction - Institute of Directors, 2011 - 2011
- Leeds Beckett UniversityCertificate in Company Direction - Institute of Directors (IoD) with Distinction, 2011 - 2011With Distinction
Labour councillor defects to the Tories - for 24 hours
Strange goings on in Swindon, where a Labour councillor crossed the floor to join the Tories, thought again and then rejoined the Labour gro
Liberal Democrats stand up for British trade & jobs; UKIP and Eurosc...
Following a number of Twitter exchanges about trade with Eurosceptics (mostly UKIP supporters), I decided I needed a bit more than 140 chara
Mayor of Deal Deryck Murray leaves Labour and joins Liberal Democrats
Good news from Kent as the Mayor of the Town, Cllr Deryck Murray resigns from Labour and joins the Liberal Democrats. Cllr Murray said: I re
In previously unknown letter, Primo Levi explains the Holocaust to a you...
‘Rather than accusing them of cruelty, I would accuse the Germans of these days of selfishness, of being indifferent and intentionally ignor
A Periodic Table To Help You Choose The Best Type Of Visualization - Edu...
People love visuals. Visuals have been shown to help us learn more quickly and to retain more information than text alone. We’re more easily
5 Ways to Drastically Improve Social Media Productivity
We at Kairay Media always love finding ways to get things done more efficiently.... (well, who doesn't?!) It's vital for us, social media ma
More Actionable Google Analytics Tips | Analytics & Optimization
Early this year I published an article with 10 actionable Google Analytics tips. Since then, I wrote a few dozen posts on my weekly tips on
How bullying nearly destroyed my life - and how I wish things like #bigm...
Earlier today, I did a brief post about how I supported Beatbullying's Big March to kick off Anti-Bullying Week. Now I want to tell you a bi
UKIP Candidate Defects to... "Blonde, curly hair, grey eyes"
Tracey Gough, who contested the Underhill ward of Weymouth and Portland Borough Council for UKIP in May, has been nominated for the Portland
The Tree of 40 Fruit Is Exactly as Awesome as It Sounds | Epicurious.com
Read The Tree of 40 Fruit Is Exactly as Awesome as It Sounds - Artist Sam Van Aken discusses his thought-provoking project and its place at
Tim Farron’s Beveridge Lecture in full: “Let’s say a huge yes to active,...
Lib Dem party president Tim Farron delivered the Beveridge Lecture at this weekend’s Social Liberal Forum conference. Here’s what he said… W
A Spotlight Drone That Acts Like a Flying Photo Assistant | Design | WIRED
The drone’s positioning responds to the photographer’s needs.
General Election 2010: Labour's broken manifesto pledges - Telegraph
Labour's 2005 election manifesto made a series of bold promises, but how many were kept? We look at the pledges made and what actually happe