- Proof Integrated CommunicationsChief Executive Officer, 2012 - present
- Burson-MarstellerU.S. Digital Practice Chair, 2011 - present
- Global Strategy GroupSVP, Digital Strategy
- MSHC PartnersVice President, Interactive Marketing
- America OnlineDirector, Political Advertising
- The White HousePress Office Intern
- The New York TimesEditoral Clerk
- City Hall (New York City)Mayoral Press Assistant
- Personal Democracy ForumContributing Editor
- Air America MediaChief Digital Officer
Bassik is an accomplished digital strategist with more than 11 years of experience. He has built several successful online public affairs practices and has been honored for his industry-leading work by Yahoo!, Aristotle, the American Association of Political Consultants and POLITICO.
Throughout his career, Bassik has been a pioneer in the field of digital communications. He has blended digital strategy, public affairs and political communications to lead effective campaigns. He has worked with several high-profile clients including IBM, Google, the Democratic National Committee, John Kerry for President, Hillary Clinton for President and Obama for America.
Most recently, Bassik was Senior Vice President at Global Strategy Group where he established and managed the full-service digital public affairs division. In this role, he developed and oversaw the execution of award-winning online marketing, reputation management and media relations programs for some of the firm’s largest and most highly visible clients, including IBM, Google, Al Jazeera English, Oprah Magazine, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and Dan Malloy for Governor (CT).
Prior to Global Strategy Group, Bassik was Chief Digital Officer for the radio network Air America Media. Earlier in his career, he established America Online’s political advertising division, the first such division among the Internet portals.
Michael was named a Top 50 Politico to Watch by POLITICO and was nominated to the Top 10 Changing the World of Internet and Politics by PoliticsOnline. He serves on the Board of Advisers to the American Democracy Institute and the eVoter Institute.
Bassik has appeared on Bloomberg Radio and NPR’s Morning and Weekend Editions. He was also featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, The Los Angeles Times, The International Herald Tribune, BusinessWeek and Advertising Age.
Michael graduated cum laude from both The University of Pennsylvania and American University’s Washington College of Law. He is member of the New York City Bar Association, The New York County Lawyers' Association and the New York Democratic Lawyers Council.
- University of PennsylvaniaPolitical Science, Spanish
- American University - Washington College of LawJ.D.
- Brooklyn Law SchoolJ.D.