- American Expat in FranceFounder & Manager, 2009 - presentI created this website to help fellow expats and those interested in France with advice, links and news about life in France as an expat. It has an important following and receives thousands of visits per month via social media and organic traffic. I'm currently in the midst of revamping it. http://www.americanexpatinfrance.com
- 4i, Inc.Marketing Manager, 2015 - presentDirecting the marketing at boutique management consulting firm with specialty in strategic growth forecasting and analytics for Fortune 500 companies.
- Seagull InstituteGuest Lecturer on Advertising and Intercultural Management, 2013 - 2015Professeur Différences Culturelles I've guest lectured a seminar of 30 French exchange university students on Franco-American cultural differences and their implications on advertising and on doing international business.
- Leo Burnett WorldwideSenior Digital Account Executive, 2012 - 2014Global Samsung Electronics Account
- New BBDO FranceGlobal Account Executive, 2010 - 2012BBDO Paris. FedEx, Wrigley, SC Johnson, Atos, La Poste, Nissan, Volvo.
- AmCham FranceMarketing & Communications Manager, 2009 - 2010Lyon and Grenoble, France
- CIDEMMarketing & Communications Manager, 2008 - 2009Grenoble, France
- MosaicAccount Manager (freelance), 2014 - 2015Bud Light Super Bowl "House of Whatever" for Anheuser-Busch InBev
Michael Barrett is a bilingual and creatively driven advertising and marketing leader with 7+ years' experience, including more than 5 years in France (grad school and work). He’s worked on a broad range of global marketing campaigns (B2C and B2B), across ATL and BTL (TV, digital & social, OOH, print, radio and experiential marketing). Through his brand work, a common thread has been music production and connecting brands with bands. Michael is a musician himself.
He has collaborated with clients in Alcohol & Spirits, CPG, Consumer Electronics, Logistics, B2B IT, Healthcare, Airline, Hotels, Automotive and Government clients while working at agencies including Leo Burnett (Publicis), New BBDO (Omnicom) and Mosaic. Well versed in digital & social strategy, production, creative development, analytics, account management and new business pitches, Michael has worked with brands including Bud Light (AB InBev), Samsung, SC Johnson, FedEx, Wrigley (Mars), Veolia, Nissan, Atos, Monster, Volvo, Aer Lingus & Hyatt. He has partnered with Google, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Starcom, OMD, Maxus, Ipsos and a variety of SMMS platforms over his career.
A trained lecturer, he has extensive teaching experience both in ESL education in global markets as well as Intercultural Management & Advertising. He is also an active entrepreneur, founding and managing the site American Expat in France while writing for several online publications on French, global affairs and advertising. Passionate about the city of Lyon, France, he is an official “Ambassadeur ONLYLYON” and promotes the city abroad. An active alumni of Notre Dame, he is former Co-President of the Notre Dame Alumni Club of France.
He is open to collaborations and challenging new career opportunities in Consulting, Marketing, Business Sales, Communications, Advertising, Digital Media & Public Relations.