I'm considering getting a new gaming/drawing computer, but I'm interested in getting it on a lighter budget. My current PC is 5 years old this year and it still works well but I have been experiencing problems lately and I wonder if it's time.
I don't want to build my own. I lack the expertise and I don't know anyone here who has it, so I don't want to take the risk. But I'm looking to do what I can on a budget. I was looking at NewEgg and it looks like I might be able to get a solid gaming/drawing computer for under $1000 but I was curious if anyone here had any specific recommendations.
Here's some info that is helping guide my decision:
- Must have at least 1TB of hard drive space
- My current PC has 12GB of RAM, so I might be able to take some from there (though I don't recall what type of memory offhand)
- Current video card is a GeForce GTX 660 Ti. It's only a year old and I am comfortable replacing video cards, so I don't mind using it instead of whatever comes with the new PC
- Sound card is not important to me. I'm not very sound-oriented, and I have done fine with integrated sound
- Plenty of USB ports on both front and back
- Prefer Windows, definitely not a Mac person (plus I have a bunch of PC-only games)
I think that's it. I'm not definitely doing it yet, just considering my options right now. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.