After over an hour of support calls between Google and Netflix, both parties blamed each other for the app failure and neither will take responsibility for fixing it.
If you have a curiosity about the issues and want to see all the other folks seeing the same issue, you can find them at the link below. I won't be holding my breath for either company to jump in and fix the issue soon.
1. Hard drives as your primary boot disk suck. I had forgotten this in the move to SSD drives a few years ago. Everything you do is slower on a hard disk. If you aren't running an SSD as your main drive, go out and and buy one RIGHT NOW.
2. Installing Windows from scratch is unnecessarily lengthy and painful. On several systems I have had to setup Ubuntu or Linux Mint from scratch and in all of them I was fully operation within an hour or so. Win7, on the other hand, took all day to load, reboot dozens of times, accept EULAs, patch and update.
3. If you have to scratch install Windows, please use WUInstall. It is a time saver (after I found it) and made the many hours of updates run with very little human intervention.
4. Modern PCs have lots of complicated and specialized hardware. Running an older OS required downloading driver installers for everything, and many of them required service packs and add-ons from Microsoft. Sometimes to move ahead we need to leave the old behind, and device driver installers should be left behind. Run new OS's, people.
5. Considering how painful this upgrade process is, I have a better understanding of why the PC industry continues to shrink. Compared with the pain of updating, patching, installing and fixing all of my hardware was, running out to buy the latest phone or tablet is blissfully simple. And when the OS updates come over-the-air for those devices, they are many times smaller and faster than any PC update process known today.
In short, don't do what I did unless you have a lot of time and patience or enjoy searching around the internet to learn why your shiny new PC doesn't work properly.
Below are two pictures taken while standing in nearly the same location, one with a LG Nexus 5 Android smartphone and one with my clunky old Canon 10D DSLR. You tell me which one shows what is going on better.
I also walked across the street to take a few more shots next to the fence with the Canon. I've added one more photo in for that, too.
- General MotorsUser Experience, 2013 - present
- Phase 2 IndustriesProduct Marketing, 2008 - 2013
- Liquid Audio
- Creative Labs
Impel - the easy and automatic way to automate Android - Android Forums ...
Impel is an automation and task creation utility for your phone or your tablet running Android 2.1 through 4.0. Josh @ Android Central revie
Recast Brings Powerful Weather and Widgets to Android – xda-developers
Recast Brings Powerful Weather and Widgets to Android. Android users have a lot of options when it comes to weather. The big two, namely the
Android Pipe - Android games, apps, reviews and news
If you're an Ice Age fan like I am you probably know that on July 13th there's a new movie in the series coming up, called Ice Age Continent
Recast: Hyper-Customizable Android Weather App With Multi-Size Widgets
Weather apps for mobile devices are mostly known for adding plenty of flair to your screens, while at the same time, depicting all sorts of
AOPA Online: Aircraft Owners and Pilots AssociationAOPA Online: Aircraft...
The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), a not-for-profit individual membership association, effectively serves the interests and