Many webmasters have asked us about why we sometimes show alternative titles in our search results. It's all explained in our new blog post and significantly updated Help Center article:
Two key points for webmasters:
1. Our algorithms generate thee alternative titles so that your page is no longer constrained with having just the one title for all the different queries your page ranks for. This has the nice side effect of making the result look more relevant to our searchers and...
2. ... On average, the alternative titles increase the clickthrough rate on the results, i.e. more traffic for you.
The <title> tag is still a primary source for titles we show so all our advice about make them concise and useful and enticing still very much apply. Keep an eye on the HTML Suggestions page in the Diagnostics section in Webmaster Tools for title suggestions.
- FirstFocus bvSEO Consultant, present
- Delft University of Technology1990 - 1997
- Highland Highschool, Dundas, Ontario1985 - 1987
- Zandevelt College1987 - 1990
Wat is er aan de hand met iGoogle? - Google Zoeken Help
iGoogle wordt over 16 maanden, op 1 november 2013, stopgezet. De mobiele versie stopt eerder, op 31 juli 2012. Hoe zijn jullie tot dit beslu
Welcome Monica Wright, Search Engine Land’s New Community Editor
Search Engine Land has a thriving community of readers, and I'm happy to announce that we've added Monica Wright as our new community editor
Direct Google’s Crawl To Your New and Updated Pages
Today, Google launched a new way for site owners to request that specific web pages be crawled. How is this different from the other ways av
Study: Insurance, Loan-Related Keywords Are Google’s Cash Cows
Insurance-related keywords are the source of 24% of Google's AdWords revenue, with the highest CPC coming in at a whopping $54.91, according
Google Shutdowns Continue: iGoogle, Google Video, Google Mini & Othe...
Google is continuing to shut down services which aren't core to its business - something it has been actively doing ever since Google co-fou
Google to Revive Realtime Search, Thanks to Google+
Google Realtime Search is coming back soon, and it will include data from Google+ and other social sources.
WinWindeals - Collectief inkoopvoordeel voor het MKB
WinWindeals is een initiatief van Buyers United B.V. om hiermee het Midden- en Klein bedrijf te ondersteunen bij het realiseren van besparin
A New Look for the +1 Button - Google+ Developers Blog
Official source of information about the Google+ platform