Skimboarders in Dahican Beach, Mati City, Davao Oriental
© Jojie Alcantara 2013
“If you’ve come in search of me, I can be found down by the sea.
Feet in the sand, wind in my hair, the Sea and Me, an inseparable pair.”
* * * * *
Here are 5 reasons why I think everyone should know this girl:
1. She’s the first person to complete all NASA Space Camps
2. Alyssa not only knows French, Spanish, Chinese, and some Turkish but studies schools subjects in those languages!
3. Alyssa is also the first person to complete NASA’s Passport Program visiting all 14 locations!
4. Alyssa not only wants to become an astronaut but gives motivational speeches to children
5. Instead of taking a summer off Alyssa will be going to more Space Camps, TED Talks, and much more (check out my blog post for her crazy hectic schedule!)
I wrote up a full blog post an expanding a little more on those 5 reasons of why this young girl has inspired me and may even inspire you.
Check it out here: http://www.brownspaceman.com/5-reasons-why-you-should-know-future-mars-walker-alyssa-carson/
Pot de crème (or ‘pot of cream’) is a traditional French custard. This sinfully decadent chocolate version is easy to prepare, and perfect for dinner parties since you can make it ahead and refrigerate until you’re ready for dessert. Serve with whipped cream, a sprinkle of powdered sugar, with berries, or let the rich chocolate shine all on its own. Get the recipe here: http://andrewzimmern.com/2014/04/09/chocolate-pot-de-creme/
- Medical Doctor / Breastfeeding Advocate / Freelance Writerpresent
- Davao Medical School FoundationMedical Doctor, 2002 - 2006
- University of the PhilippinesBS Biology (Major in Cell Bio), 1998 - 2002
- Philippine Science High School1994 - 1998
4th Blogiversary Giveaway – $1,023 Montessori Print Shop/Montessori at H...
Blog post at LivingMontessoriNow.com : It's time to party at Living Montessori Now!!! I'm celebrating my 4rd blogiversary all month, and I'm
New Myspace deserves optimism for 5 things it doesn't do
The new Myspace is here, and has this been exactly 3 years ago it will have been received with so much more enthusiasm. As the new version o
17-year-old girl builds artificial ‘brain’ to detect breast cancer
The cloud-based neural network took top prize in this year’s Google Science Fair. “I taught the computer how to diagnose breast cancer,” B..