As subtle as it is, the only purple feathers on the Purple Sandpiper are the iridescence on its winter plumage. After three trips to see these birds in Barnegat, NJ, I did not get a good look at the color until the most recent one when the sunning was shining.
If you like my photography, follow me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/mydigitalmindphotography
- Local Wisdom, Inc.Web Developer, 2007 - present
- FreelancingWeb Developer, 1999 - 2012
I started to photograph birds and wildlife very casually at local parks in New Jersey. In 2010 I moved to upstate New York and was suddenly surrounded by nature - my love for wildlife went to a whole new level. I started feeding birds in my backyard and wanted to learn about them. I joined a local nature club, started to go out on group walks and began my journey in birding. Within a couple of months I was hooked - I had started my life lists, I could identify birds and knew much more about their behavior. After a little over a year of birding, I can do so much more and even identify many of them by sound. They are now my main subjects - I want to capture their beauty so that others can see something that is often ignored. I am a birder with a fancy camera... but I am also a photographer who loves wildlife.
I'm looking to connect with people who share my same interests above, along with my friends and family. I also enjoy looking at beautiful photography! If you are wondering why I added you to my circle, then this is the reason.
BIRDERS: If you would like to become part of my birding circle, please let me know. I'll share more (non-technical) bird photos and experiences to these circles.
There are a few simple things I ask:
- If you see a way in which I can improve, do not be afraid to post it! I am very open to honest critiques.
- Do not post my photos to your own albums.
Please use the Share button instead.
- Do not post my photos to other websites unless you are posting a link.
- If you would like to use my photo in your artwork, please ask. I will usually agree to allowing you use my photos as a reference or within a non-simple manipulation.
- If you are in my circles, I've seen your profile. I never blindly add people, even through mass circle shares. I always check profiles.
- Since I am part of the large Photographers community, a lot of people circle me. If you circle me and would like to share your profile, don't be shy - please ask! I like to circle other photographers, but cannot possibly go through everyone who circles me.
Photographers, Wildlife Photographers, Bird Photographers, Nature Photographers, Amateur Photographers, Birders, Nature Lovers
18 Must Follow Female Photographers on Google+ – Google Plus Headlines
Tweet. A few weeks back we did an article on some of the best Photographers on Google+. Since then we had many readers write in asking if we
Daily Photography Themes on Google+ « Eric's Landscape Photography
The photography community is flourishing on Google+ and one of the great things that are gaining momentum fast are themed days of the week.
PhotoExtract Photography Magazine: 14 Big Birds Captured in Action in St...
Come to see the latest post in 1150 pixel Photography Magazine.