- OnlineColleges.netEducation Writer/Blogger, 2011 - presentThe Inside Online Learning blog and #IOLchat
- Kaplan Higher EducationCurriculum Manager, 2009 - 2011
- University of Hawaii at ManoaInsructional Designer/Manager, 2008 - 2009
- KnowledgeTech, Inc.Instructional Designer, 2006 - 2007
- University of South FloridaAcademic Advisor/Instructor/GA, 2004 - 2007
- U.S. ArmyProtocol Officer, 2001 - 2003
- Syracuse UniversityCareer Development Coordinator, 2000 - 2001
- Army Career & Alumni ProgramOutplacement Counselor, 1998 - 2000
I am an instructional designer with experience in industry and higher
education (public, private, and for profit). My background also includes
working in higher education student services as a career counselor, academic
advisor, and instructor (graduate and undergraduate).
I earned my doctorate in 2007, in curriculum and instruction - instructional
technology, focusing on the online delivery of career services. As a freelance instructional designer I am currently working on a project to create self-paced online courses for career counselors interested in social media.
But mostly I write... about instructional design and technology at Design Doc, and about online learning trends and resources at Inside Online Learning with OnlineColleges.net. I also currently teach instructional design and project management topics at the University of South Florida and Saint Leo University.
- University of South FloridaPhD, Curriculum & Instruction - Instructional Technology (Adult Ed/Career Counseling)
- University of OklahomaMEd, Instructional Psychology and Technology
- Central Michigan UniversityMSA, Administration
- Wake Forest UniversityBA, Psychology