I give a big + to programs that encourage as much interaction as possible.
Our view is that an IT background will come to matter less rather than more and that a variety of wider strategic business skills (and some softer ones, too) will come to the fore.
Find out in others agree in the newly published Jisc and report, 'Technology in higher education: defining the strategic leader'.
- OnlineColleges.netEducation Writer, 2011 - presentThe Inside Online Learning blog and #IOLchat
- Kaplan Higher EducationCurriculum Manager, 2009 - 2011
- University of Hawaii at ManoaInsructional Designer/Manager, 2008 - 2009
- KnowledgeTech, Inc.Instructional Designer, 2006 - 2007
- University of South FloridaAcademic Advisor/Instructor/GA, 2004 - 2007
- U.S. ArmyProtocol Officer, 2001 - 2003
- Syracuse UniversityCareer Development Coordinator, 2000 - 2001
- Army Career & Alumni ProgramOutplacement Counselor, 1998 - 2000
I am an instructional designer with experience in industry and higher
education (public, private, and for profit). My background also includes
working in higher education student services as a career counselor, academic
advisor, and instructor (graduate and undergraduate).
I earned my doctorate in 2007, in curriculum and instruction - instructional
technology, focusing on the online delivery of career services. As a freelance instructional designer I am currently working on a project to create self-paced online courses for career counselors interested in social media.
But mostly I write... about instructional design and technology at Design Doc, and about online learning trends and resources at Inside Online Learning with OnlineColleges.net. I also currently teach instructional design and project management topics at the University of South Florida and Saint Leo University.
- University of South FloridaPhD, Curriculum & Instruction - Instructional Technology (Adult Ed/Career Counseling)
- University of OklahomaMEd, Instructional Psychology and Technology
- Central Michigan UniversityMSA, Administration
- Wake Forest UniversityBA, Psychology