Online Learner Support Strategies Survey http://bit.ly/19BpM5K
We want to hear what you and your institution are doing to support your online learners so they can be more successful. Please share your ideas in our Online Learner Support Strategies Survey http://bit.ly/19BpM5K The results will be public so everyone can benefit from our collective knowledge and experience.
We look forward to your comments and your survey responses. At the end of the month we’ll do a hangout on air to discuss online learner support strategies, including those you’ve submitted via the comments and the survey. The hangout information will be posted soon so stay tuned!
- OnlineColleges.netEducation Writer/Blogger, 2011 - presentThe Inside Online Learning blog and #IOLchat
- Kaplan Higher EducationCurriculum Manager, 2009 - 2011
- University of Hawaii at ManoaInsructional Designer/Manager, 2008 - 2009
- KnowledgeTech, Inc.Instructional Designer, 2006 - 2007
- University of South FloridaAcademic Advisor/Instructor/GA, 2004 - 2007
- U.S. ArmyProtocol Officer, 2001 - 2003
- Syracuse UniversityCareer Development Coordinator, 2000 - 2001
- Army Career & Alumni ProgramOutplacement Counselor, 1998 - 2000
I am an instructional designer with experience in industry and higher
education (public, private, and for profit). My background also includes
working in higher education student services as a career counselor, academic
advisor, and instructor (graduate and undergraduate).
I earned my doctorate in 2007, in curriculum and instruction - instructional
technology, focusing on the online delivery of career services. As a freelance instructional designer I am currently working on a project to create self-paced online courses for career counselors interested in social media.
But mostly I write... about instructional design and technology at Design Doc, and about online learning trends and resources at Inside Online Learning with OnlineColleges.net. I also currently teach instructional design and project management topics at the University of South Florida and Saint Leo University.
- University of South FloridaPhD, Curriculum & Instruction - Instructional Technology (Adult Ed/Career Counseling)
- University of OklahomaMEd, Instructional Psychology and Technology
- Central Michigan UniversityMSA, Administration
- Wake Forest UniversityBA, Psychology