THE WORDS OF BARRACK OBAMA EARLIER THIS YEAR IN HIS STATE OF THE UNION SPEECH.
The students tour tech companies like , , Facebook and more... and pitch their own startup ideas to the tech community at the end of the week. Find our more at www.siliconnorthstars.org.
and I thank you!!
Socrates speaks of the differences between opinion and knowledge this way . . .
OPINION: I have some friends who've been to Megara and they each gave me directions so I have an opinion as to how to get to Megara.
OPINION: There is a map made by the local people that shows how to get to Megara, so I have an opinion how to get to Megara.
KNOWLEDGE: I have used the map and been to Megara.
WRONG: I listened to my friends but the person who has been to Megara says they are full of it (think "Snopes").
In other words, you can form an opinion in a bubble, and for the first couple of decades of our lives we all do. However, eventually you are going to venture out into the world and find that what you thought was an informed opinion was actually just a tiny thought based on little data and your feelings. Many, many, many of your opinions will turn out to be uninformed or just flat out wrong. No, the fact that you believed it doesn’t make it any more valid or worthwhile, and nobody owes your viewpoint any respect simply because it is yours.
You can be wrong or ignorant. It will happen. Reality does not care about your feelings. Education does not exist to persecute you. The misinformed are not an ethnic minority being oppressed.
My opinion is that this post is awesome. #reason
- Antioch University MidwestM.A., Interdisciplinary Studies, 1998 - 2000
- University of TorontoB.A., Interdisciplinary Studies
- St. John's College, Great BooksPhilosophy
- Carnegie Mellon UniversityDramatic Arts
It also publishes short fiction, theoretical essays, best-practices in social era expertise, poetry and empirical papers for those interested in the compelling questions engendered by the introduction of the social era.
The Journal encourages submissions by new writers (see submission requirements) and welcomes high-quality content on the practical, philosophical, scientific and human interest insights on the following subjects:
- social media
- social marketing
- customer relation management (Social CRM)
- social business
- electronic commerce
- social shopping
- social advertising
- social media optimization®
- reinvented search engine optimization (SEO) including Semantic Search (David Amerland, one of the founders of SynaptIQ+, wrote the book on Semantic Search).
- algorithmic analysis of any or all aspects of the Internet
- online learning and teaching
- legal issues related to the Web
- online identity and reputation
- ethics of social business
- cyber security
- climate change
- politics related to a wired world
- psychology of social era
- social era culture
- social era manners
- social era art
- social era understanding of human rights
- personal experience of the paradoxes of our social era
2. Get help -> support.google.com/plus/
3. Discuss -> http://goo.gl/YfZyqP
More: Google+ -> goo.gl/XkjAS
- S+™Owner, presentI publish academic, non-fiction and fiction books that cover issues of the social era for SynaptIQ+ through its subsidiary publishing house, S+™.
- Journal for Social Era KnowledgeEditor-in-Chief, present
- SynaptIQ+Co-Founder, present
- The McDermott MultiMedia GroupGroup Leader, present
- Roane State Community CollegeAdjunct Professor of Philosophy, Psychology and Religion, present
P. O. Box 5741 Oak Ridge TN 37831
MegTufanoWinter2013 - SynaptIQ+ Social Era Knowledge
The Journal for Social Era Knowledge Meg Tufano, Editor-in-Chief Publisher, S+™ Author of "The Deep Dark Web, The NSA, and Personal Privacy:
Wide Lawns and Narrow Minds: Back to School: The 70s vs. Today, A Lot ha...
Take the kids downtown to go shopping at Sears for back to school clothes the last week of August. Get everyone a new pair of corduroys and
James Risen calls Obama 'greatest enemy of press freedom in a generation'
• Journalist refuses to reveal source of story about CIA operation • President’s support for press freedom called ‘hypocritical’
Tales of the cities: the progressive vision of urban America | Gary Youn...
A union leader is being hailed as a possible mayor in Chicago while elsewhere mayors are pursuing policies Obama has been unable to enact on
Iran Hawk Lindsey Graham Says We Need to Work With Iran to Fix Iraq
Sen. Lindsey Graham shocked and confused many by imploring the United States to work with Iran to stabilize Iraq. Just last year, Graham pus
digitallibraryderrickwlodarz - SynaptIQ+ Social Era Knowledge
How the Digitial Revolution Saved the Library by Derrick Wlodarz, edited by Meg Tufano for The Journal for Social Era Knowledge, Spring 2014
Writing Tip: Seven Common Weaknesses You Can Fix in Your Non-fiction Wri...
I have worked on so many non-fiction books that I sometimes feel like a family doctor who has cared for so many patients he can diagnose a p
When did mass shootings become so frighteningly mundane in America? | Su...
Isla Vista. Seattle. Las Vegas. Now Troutdale. The summer of 2014 has killing everywhere, and we've yet to reach the equinox
#YesAllWomen and Ed-Tech Conferences, or Why ISTE is Unsafe
#YesAllWomen in ed-tech. Earlier this week, Ariel Norling published an incredibly brave article — an incredibly difficult to read article —
How Search Works - The Story – Inside Search – Google
Search starts with the web. It's made up of over 60 trillion individual pages and it's constantly growing. Google navigates the web by crawl
Westerners Fighting in Syria Could Pose a Terrorist Future Threat at Home
This week, an American Islamists who has been fighting with an al-Qaeda-linked group in Syria perpetrated a suicide strike, the first to be
Don't regulate professors' tweets | Al Jazeera America
University social media policies don't just quell free speech, they impede scholars' ability to grow