2 Signal Crescent, Montague Gardens, Cape Town
Mediterranean Delicacies is a family business established in 1988 by Anthony Nichas and John Lourandos, supplying the catering trade with exclusive Mediterranean products. The home industry soon began to develop into an interesting business with customers looking for a greater variety of Mediterranean style products – and so began a process that has resulted in the unique and extensive range of products available today.
In 1991, Costas Vayanos joined the business in an administrative and marketing capacity, and soon thereafter the business entered the retail market. Ali Buhler joined the team in 1998. Ali is a Swiss qualified chef, and added a new dimension to the business.
In 2000 Mediterranean Delicacies formed a joint venture with Bettafresh Prepared Foods. Mediterranean Delicacies North was formed in order to manufacture and distribute the Mediterranean range of products to customers in the Northern part of South Africa.
Over the past 15 years the Mediterranean team have grown their business with true passion, creating a range of products that remains popular and unique in South Africa.Interesting Facts
Market leader in the production of dips and specialized deli products. One of the top producers and suppliers of olives to the market. Mediterranean products are supplied to wholesale, retail food services and hospitality customers throughout South Africa.Standards – how they are achieved and maintained.
The maintenance of the highest of standards is imperative in the production of fresh and perishable food manufacturing. These standards ensure that the consumer enjoys products of excellent quality. Mediterranean and its production team are continuously improving the already extremely high standards of quality and hygiene.
- HACCP Compliance: This term stands for Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points. One would analyse areas where potential problems could possibly occur in the process of production. Good Management Practices are followed by Mediterranean Delicacies to ensure consistency of high quality.
- Mediterranean employs qualified food technologists who conduct daily audits in the factories, on the staff and with the products. The branch in Cape Town has its own fully equipped laboratory.
- Certain chain store customers, who have their own food safety auditors, continually assess all aspects of Mediterranean’s adherence to high standards, conduct their own audits on a regular basis.
- Mediterranean engages the services of an external food auditing company, who conducts in depth audits on the Mediterranean factories.
- Cold Chain Maintenance. Mediterranean has fleets of refrigerated vehicles and systems in place to ensure the cold chain are not broken so those products are maintained at the correct temperature until it reaches its destination.
Mediterranean continually invests in its staff, equipment and procedures to ensure that the quality is of its best at all times.General Company Information
Mediterranean Delicacies operates throughout South Africa and is able to offer exciting food solutions to customers in the Retail, food services, hospitality and manufacturing sectors. Click here for the Med-Deli contact details.