Management, Team Leadership, Profit and Loss Management, Recruiting
Manager, 2006 - 2013
•Coach associates in building relationships with customers and understanding their needs. Ensure that associates deliver a strong customer experience that will allow the customer to confidently recommend T-Mobile to their friends and family. Ensure that every need the customer has when coming into the store is met before they leave, right fitting the solution and making sure associates set them up for success through the customer on-boarding process. Train store associates in using store systems to support the Customer Experience, including the Point of Sale and Customer Account
•Hire and develop a team of effective Sales Associates. Make staffing adjustments as needed to meet the needs of the business. Appraise employees to determine eligibility for promotions or other status changes. Cultivate an environment which supports T-Mobiles values. Utilize tools and resources to grow internal talent to the next level. Build skills and successes through continued coaching and performance assessment conversations.
•Maintain a neat clean organized store environment at all times. Responsible for the overall productivity results in the store. Drive operational efficiencies to help minimize risk and protect the stores assets. Deliver financial results based on key performance indicators. Identify ways to manage and control store expenses.
•Keep abreast of the rapidly evolving T-Mobile technology. Ensure that sales associates are up to speed on new products and offerings and know the sales techniques necessary to sell them.
•Meet or exceed sales goals for the store.
•Ensures that visual merchandising is appealing to customers while adhering to T-Mobile standards.
Manager, 2013 - 2014
• Enforce all policies and procedures to ensure excellent customer service is provided and to maximize the P&L performance of the store.
• Ensure the appearance of the store is pleasing to the customer and meets the requirements of the corporate office.
• Ensure the proper procedures are followed for cash transactions and bank deposits.
• Interact with vendors to order ad, seasonal, and basic merchandise and dairy products for the store.
• Ensure all merchandise is set up according to plan-o-grams received from the corporate office.
• Execute weekly sales ads and price changes.
• Process recalled, damaged, outdated, and transferred merchandise.
• Receive merchandise deliveries from vendors and Rite Aid distribution centers.
• Verify vendor invoice information is accurate and enter it into the accounts payable system.
• Prepare the retail store for physical inventory by ensuring merchandise on the sales floor and in the stock room is in order and easy to access.
• Analyze operating reports and make recommendations for improvement.
• Utilize software to complete the associate work schedule.
• Remain knowledgeable of the One-Hour Photo department and film processing, if applicable.
• Assist the Pharmacy department when there is a high volume of customers.
• Request store maintenance when required.
• Assist with the general maintenance of the store, both inside and outside.
• Enforce all fire and safety rules and regulations set by the company and governmental agencies.
•Provide leadership and development for associates by communicating career opportunities and providing regular performance feedback
I set high goals then rapidly try to crush them. I'm talking an obliteration.
If Bill Nye the Science Guy was a black guy from Oakland he'd be
me. He was the man!
Born and raised in Oakland the bay is in my blood. The diversity
and variety of they bay brings the best out in a lot of people. I
can't say I'd never live anywhere else, I'd enjoy living in other
places of the world, but there is no place quite like here.