Each Wednesday, from 4 pm to 6 pm, friends and neighbors from around the City can celebrate this holiday season together by giving back to Mission Hill.
Volunteers will assemble bags of fresh produce and groceries for residents of the Mission Main development in Mission Hill (Boston) from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm!
Tobin Community Center 1481 Tremont Street Mission Hill, Roxbury Boston, MA 02120 - * OUTDOORS in good, pleasant, clement weather * INDOORS during cold, rainy, snowy, or foul weather
... 2 blocks from Roxbury Crossing MBTA Orange Line
Mission Hill Health Movement has organized this service project in partnership with Fair Foods, a local non-profit food rescue organization that provides produce to low-income communities. Volunteers will assemble bags of food at the Tobin Community Center, then residents will pick them up at the Tobin Community Center at 1481 Tremont Street (front entrance).
Residents pay $2 for the bag.
Volunteers get one or more free bags of produce to take home with them.
http://www.meetup.com/Free-And-Cheap-Things-in-Boston/ Residents pay $2 for the bag. Volunteers get a free bag of produce. Check http://www.FairFoods.org to read about cosponsor, Fair Foods of Dorchester Check http://www.fairfoods.org/dollarbag.html for a full list of the sites. Check http://www.MHHM.org to learn about the site sponsor, Mission Hill Health Movement. When you respond, please give your first and last names and your e-mail address and phone number.
Volunteer: USD 0.00
Free to attend, $2/bag of Produce: USD 0.00
Category: Food and Drink
- Harvard, Emmanuel College, Wheaton, CalState, Tufts, etc.Research Administration, Management, 2010 - present
- Graduate Program in Research Administration in Emmanuel College GPPResearch Administration, Management (MSM = Master of Science in Management), 2010 - present
- Harvard School of Public Health HealthResearch Transformation Project, 2010 - 2011
- Harvard UniversityREACH Intermediate Program, Research Administration, 2011 - 2011
- Element kOnline Software Training, 2009 - 2011
- Harvard UniversityExtension: Accounting, etc.
- Wheaton CollegePhilosophy, Mathematics
- California State UniversityPhilosophy, Social Sciences (including graduate level work)
- Harvard Divinity SchoolApplied, Social Sciences, Philosophy of Religion
- Massachusetts Software and Internet CouncilMarketing, Technology Staffing, and Web Design, 1999 - 2000
- South End Technology CenterComputer Networking, 2000 - 2001
- Tufts UniversityAccounting (Graduate), Urban and Environmental Policy (Graduate), Philosophy (Graduate), Mathematics
- New Horizons Computer Learning CenterWeb Development, Office Applications
I've been vegan over half my life. That's longer than most human earthlings (and most NONHUMAN earthlings) have been alive. All that time, I've been making connections for plant-based diets - and doing that through the Vegetarian Resource Center since 1993 (and before that through various strategies and structures.
My observation is that the vegan *movement* is constituted by fellow humans who have awakened to moral sensitivity in our individual observations of the populated world around us, a world that filled plentifully with persons - not only human, but also nonhuman, and that all persons are such that moral consideration is due to all of them. We cannot give that consideration individually; therefore, we must become persons of principle, who resolve our ethical duties towards other persons at a level of principle and self-regulation. I believe in 'ahimsa' or 'dynamic injury' as the proper regulatory principle for human behavior.
- Harvard School of Public HealthGlobal Health and Population, present
- HarvardWho you REALLY need me to be, present
- Children's Hospital BostonConsultant, Mental Health & Developmental Disabilities, 2009 - 2012
- Tufts UniversityElectrical Engineering, 1984 - 1991
- Fidelity InvestmentsFidelity Transaction Processing System, 2001
- The Skill BureauSenior Production Coordinator, Tape Transcription Center, 1992 - 2007
- Coopers & Lybrand, Price-Waterhouse, Bear StearnsAuditing, Administration
- Harvard Medical SchoolGlobal Health and Social Medicine, 1999 - 2010
- Fidelity InvestmentsFidelity Data Services (FDS), 1980 - 1983
- Bear StearnsEconomic Research
- Filene'sHR, President's, Operations, Buying, Advertising, 1995 - 1998
- Ethical Society of BostonChildren's Program Director
- Audio Transcription CenterSenior Production Coordinator, 2007
- Boston State HospitalState Mental Hospital Chaplaincy, 1977
- Fanning UniforceAdministrative, 1978 - 1980
- CSUH Philosophers' ClubPublic Relations Director, 1970 - 1974
- Harvard University PoliceHUSSP, 1974
- First Parish, CambridgeStudent Minister, 1974 - 1975
- Bible Club MovementCamp Counselor
- Letourneau Christian CampHouse and Building Painter
- Restaurant Manager, Dinner Cook
- United Ministries at Harvard-RadcliffeCampus Ministry
- Coopers & LybrandEconomic Research
- Price-WaterhouseEconomic Research
- Wheaton College
- Letourneau Christian CampCamp Counselor
- Saga Food Service
- Scripture Press
- Bain CapitalEconomic Research
- Bread and CircusWarehouse Administration
- IHOPRestaurant Manager
- Denny'sDinner Cook
- Copper PennyDinner Cook
- Boca Raton Hotel and ClubRounds Cook
- Howard Johnson's
- Pizza HutRestaurant Manager
- American Express
- SelfHouse and Building Painter
- Flanagan's Spaghetti HouseDinner Cook
- Harvard Medical SchoolOffice of Educational Development, 1992 - 1992
- Harvard School of Public HealthHealth Policy and Management, 1991 - 1992
English Editing for Non-Native Speakers of English
Editing * Dr. Z (from China) reads, listens to, and understands English well enough to function in her academic role, but but needed a clear
Does vitamin D play a significant role in type 2 diabetes?
Does vitamin D play a significant role in type 2 diabetes? - up-to-the-minute news and headlines. 7thSpace is a online portal covering topic
Vertical Axis Wind Turbines - Conserve Energy Future
Vertical Axis Wind Turbines: Wind turbines mainly are of two types: vertical axis(VAWT) and horizontal axis(HAWT). VAWT is a type of wind tu
Vertical Axis Wind Turbines vs Horizontal Axis Wind Turbines
In the wind turbine business there are basically two types of turbines to choose from, vertical axis wind turbines and horizontal axis wind
Apple Data Center Announcement Hints At New Wind Energy Storage System
The intertubes were abuzz yesterday with news that Apple is dropping a cool €1.7 billion to build two new data centers in Ireland and Denmar
Improving Genetics Education in Graduate and Continuing Health Professio...
Note: Workshop Summaries contain the opinion of the presenters, but do NOT reflect the conclusions of the IOM. Learn more about the differen
Unlike Footballs, These Animals Are Meant to Deflate
These 11 animals inflate on command, whether for protection, mating, communication-or just to get a few hours of sleep.
Balanced diet helps overcome common vitamin deficiencies
Turning to takeout or rolling through the drive-thru for a fast-food dinner are commonplace nowadays.
‘Joys Of The Simple Life’ – By Dugald Semple – Now 100 Years Old | The V...
Ernest Bell Library items - 'Joys Of The Simple Life' by Dugald Semple. Published by Ernest Bell in 1915. Happy 100th Birthday to 'Joys Of T
MBTA's Downtown Crossing Evacuated After Train's Motor Failure Creates S...
A Boston MBTA station was evacuated due to smoke after a motor failure on the Orange Line Friday afternoon.
For the first time in years, the U.S. Senate voted on climate change. Di...
Parties jockey for position on tendentious issue
Environmental Value Transfer: Issues and Methods: Issues and Methods - G...
books.google.com - The transfer of environmental values in time and space has increased rapidly with the widespread use of cost benefit anal