Both studies will be published November 2, 2015 in the November issue of Health Affairs.
Steady improvement, but long way to go
In the U.S. diet study, researchers analyzed how changes in dietary quality from 1999-2012 impacted disease and premature death. They examined dietary quality among 33,885 U.S. adults who participated in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, using a measure called the Alternate Healthy Eating Index 2010. To see how this dietary quality would impact disease and mortality, they used information from two long-running studies, the Nurses’ Health Study and Health Professionals Follow-Up Study, involving roughly 173,000 people.
- Harvard, Emmanuel College, Wheaton, CalState, Tufts, etc.Research Administration, Management, 2010 - present
- Graduate Program in Research Administration in Emmanuel College GPPResearch Administration, Management (MSM = Master of Science in Management), 2010 - present
- Harvard School of Public Health HealthResearch Transformation Project, 2010 - 2011
- Harvard UniversityREACH Intermediate Program, Research Administration, 2011 - 2011
- Element kOnline Software Training, 2009 - 2011
- Harvard UniversityExtension: Accounting, etc.
- Wheaton CollegePhilosophy, Mathematics
- California State UniversityPhilosophy, Social Sciences (including graduate level work)
- Harvard Divinity SchoolApplied, Social Sciences, Philosophy of Religion
- Massachusetts Software and Internet CouncilMarketing, Technology Staffing, and Web Design, 1999 - 2000
- South End Technology CenterComputer Networking, 2000 - 2001
- Tufts UniversityAccounting (Graduate), Urban and Environmental Policy (Graduate), Philosophy (Graduate), Mathematics
- New Horizons Computer Learning CenterWeb Development, Office Applications
I've been vegan over half my life. That's longer than most human earthlings (and most NONHUMAN earthlings) have been alive. All that time, I've been making connections for plant-based diets - and doing that through the Vegetarian Resource Center since 1993 (and before that through various strategies and structures.
My observation is that the vegan *movement* is constituted by fellow humans who have awakened to moral sensitivity in our individual observations of the populated world around us, a world that filled plentifully with persons - not only human, but also nonhuman, and that all persons are such that moral consideration is due to all of them. We cannot give that consideration individually; therefore, we must become persons of principle, who resolve our ethical duties towards other persons at a level of principle and self-regulation. I believe in 'ahimsa' or 'dynamic injury' as the proper regulatory principle for human behavior.
- Harvard School of Public HealthGlobal Health and Population, present
- HarvardWho you REALLY need me to be, present
- Children's Hospital BostonConsultant, Mental Health & Developmental Disabilities, 2009 - 2012
- Tufts UniversityElectrical Engineering, 1984 - 1991
- Fidelity InvestmentsFidelity Transaction Processing System, 2001
- The Skill BureauSenior Production Coordinator, Tape Transcription Center, 1992 - 2007
- Coopers & Lybrand, Price-Waterhouse, Bear StearnsAuditing, Administration
- Harvard Medical SchoolGlobal Health and Social Medicine, 1999 - 2010
- Fidelity InvestmentsFidelity Data Services (FDS), 1980 - 1983
- Bear StearnsEconomic Research
- Filene'sHR, President's, Operations, Buying, Advertising, 1995 - 1998
- Ethical Society of BostonChildren's Program Director
- Audio Transcription CenterSenior Production Coordinator, 2007
- Boston State HospitalState Mental Hospital Chaplaincy, 1977
- Fanning UniforceAdministrative, 1978 - 1980
- CSUH Philosophers' ClubPublic Relations Director, 1970 - 1974
- Harvard University PoliceHUSSP, 1974
- First Parish, CambridgeStudent Minister, 1974 - 1975
- Bible Club MovementCamp Counselor
- Letourneau Christian CampHouse and Building Painter
- Restaurant Manager, Dinner Cook
- United Ministries at Harvard-RadcliffeCampus Ministry
- Coopers & LybrandEconomic Research
- Price-WaterhouseEconomic Research
- Wheaton College
- Letourneau Christian CampCamp Counselor
- Saga Food Service
- Scripture Press
- Bain CapitalEconomic Research
- Bread and CircusWarehouse Administration
- IHOPRestaurant Manager
- Denny'sDinner Cook
- Copper PennyDinner Cook
- Boca Raton Hotel and ClubRounds Cook
- Howard Johnson's
- Pizza HutRestaurant Manager
- American Express
- SelfHouse and Building Painter
- Flanagan's Spaghetti HouseDinner Cook
- Harvard Medical SchoolOffice of Educational Development, 1992 - 1992
- Harvard School of Public HealthHealth Policy and Management, 1991 - 1992
Ethanol is the smart choice for reducing greenhouse gas emissions : News
David O. Berger’s letter “Ethanol fraud goes on with impunity” (Oct. 5) is devoid of facts, so I’d like to set the record straight.
Editor's Inbox: Support candidates who back clean energy
From wind energy to solar power, I have grown up watching the state of Iowa work efficiently and effectively on an enormous problem the worl
Why you need to apply sunscreen even on cloudy days to stay safe
China intends to achieve its carbon reduction and renewable energy targets five years ahead of schedule, former US energy secretary Steven C
In Massachusetts, groups push to bolster solar panel program
The increasing popularity of solar panels is prompting environmental groups to call for lifting what they describe as arbitrary limits on a
SpaceX Rocket Headed to International Space Station Explodes After Lifto...
The unmanned rocket was carrying supplies.
English Editing for Non-Native Speakers of English
Editing * Dr. Z (from China) reads, listens to, and understands English well enough to function in her academic role, but but needed a clear
Does vitamin D play a significant role in type 2 diabetes?
Does vitamin D play a significant role in type 2 diabetes? - up-to-the-minute news and headlines. 7thSpace is a online portal covering topic
Vertical Axis Wind Turbines - Conserve Energy Future
Vertical Axis Wind Turbines: Wind turbines mainly are of two types: vertical axis(VAWT) and horizontal axis(HAWT). VAWT is a type of wind tu
Vertical Axis Wind Turbines vs Horizontal Axis Wind Turbines
In the wind turbine business there are basically two types of turbines to choose from, vertical axis wind turbines and horizontal axis wind
Apple Data Center Announcement Hints At New Wind Energy Storage System
The intertubes were abuzz yesterday with news that Apple is dropping a cool €1.7 billion to build two new data centers in Ireland and Denmar
Improving Genetics Education in Graduate and Continuing Health Professio...
Note: Workshop Summaries contain the opinion of the presenters, but do NOT reflect the conclusions of the IOM. Learn more about the differen
Unlike Footballs, These Animals Are Meant to Deflate
These 11 animals inflate on command, whether for protection, mating, communication-or just to get a few hours of sleep.