2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Dissapointed that Bing has chosen a questionable service like Klout when Kred, PeerIndex and even SEOmoz Followerwonk Authority score are much more transparent.Sep 28, 2012
- Hmmmm I think they're almost as bad as each other -- with Kred being my least favourite for thinking it could join the party so unimaginatively and cynically that far in. More of a personal dislike of it though I guess.Sep 28, 2012
- Good point Max. Bing and Klout though, seriously? I think that we are still in a world with too many social solution sellers peddling 'snake-oil'. Great concept, but nothing that still quantifies influence in it's true sense. Somehow and for what it's worth I do think that Google's moves are interesting and under the radar with regards to AuthorRank. It's a case of slowly, but surely IMO. :)Sep 28, 2012
- Yes. I'd say you've read this right. I always found the idea that G+ was an additional social layer to the web (that would feed into search) more convincing than "a [late] competitor for Facebook".
Do you have and in your circles? They are both good on this stuff, Authorship and the like, and active on here. You should think about adding them.Sep 28, 2012
- Cheers for the tips-- and yeah, the bizarre thing about G+ is the company keeps telling people it's not as simple as a Facebook emulator but people just take that as making excuses rather than listening.
Fascinating stuff and I hope evidence like this starts to turn a few lore heads...Sep 29, 2012