- St. Joseph Institute for AddictionDirector of Enthusiasm, 12 - presentDevelop and manage Web sites, social media communities and expand online presence and brand awareness. Implement online education, electronic publishing, recovery resource programs and strategic recovery community plans.
- mudcat.orgFounder, Publisher, 1995 - present
- Pennsylvania State University - English DepartmentDigital Architect/Lecturer, 2011 - 2014Created and manage zebrapedia.psu.edu, a Web community devoted to the ongoing transcription, annotation, discussion and editing of Philip K Dick's million-word journals (Exegesis), using collaborative research tools and techniques to explore the mammoth digital text using/developing various approaches of Swarm Scholarship, digital analysis and natural language processing. Primary technologies include Ruby on Rails, Python, NTLK, Fromthepage and Diaspora.
- Penn State Dept of English, Möbius DivisionSecret Agent of the Noösphere, 2011 - 2013
- Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences and ExtensionWeb & Social Media Strategist, 2010 - 2011
- Penn State OutreachMarketing Strategist, 2009 - 2010
- Onstage Media, Inc.Founder, CEO, 1995 - 2001
- The University of the ArtsInstructor, 2000 - 2002
- Keller Williams RealtyDirector of Technology, 2001 - 2008
PO Box 274 State College, PA 16804
I am the Director of Enthusiasm for St. Joseph Institute for Addiction, an Ethnomusicologist publishing mudcat.org, Public Radio Host & Producer with wpsu.org/blues, and Musician, previously with kazoorepair.com. I scored and produced the soundtrack for a full length feature film 99% Sure last year. I'm also a single father of 3 super-monkeys, working on a children's-music-that-doesn't-make-you-stabby project, looking for a tuba player for another band, and trying to figure out what to do with all my free time.
- Penn State UniversityPhilosophy, 1990 - 1994
- Central Dauphin High School
- Hollidaysburg Area Senior High School
- Freehold Regional High School
- Buzz (current)
I lost my dad to Fox News: How a generation was captured by thrashing hy...
Old white people are drowning in despair and rage. Here's how my father lost his mind -- thanks to his cable diet
The Gorgeous Reality of Not Being Liked by Everyone
We want everyone to like us, but we shouldn’t.
Why You See What You See When You're Tripping on Psychedelics
Take a good, hard look at yourself tripping face and you'll find that why you're seeing exactly what you're seeing is perhaps just as profou
Set Gmail as Your Browser's Default Email Client with a Simple Hack
Sick of mailto: links in your browser opening Outlook or Mail.app whenever you click them? You can tackle this problem with extensions or th
Traditional Music and Folklore Collection and Community
The Mudcat Cafe is a community of musicians, historians and enthusiasts that collect and discuss traditional folk and blues songs, folklore,
Valentine's Day: Why Do We Celebrate It? (Hint: Naked Romans)
Where did Valentine's Day come from? (Think naked Romans, paganism, and whips.) What does it cost? And why do we fall for it, year after yea