The 2015 Northern Illinois Computing Educators (NICE) MiniCon is scheduled for Saturday, January 31, 2015. Last year, MiniCon brought over 400 educators to Niles North High School to learn from each other and share all about education technology. We had over 40 sessions, an engaging keynote, an amazing raffle, and even a student-led iPad playground.
This year, we hope to expand our offerings and invite you to submit a proposal for this year’s conference.
Call for Presenters
Do you (or someone you know):
• have an innovative/engaging technology-integrated unit or project that really works for your students?
• use an iPad, Chromebook, or other mobile device in your classroom?
• use STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, math) real world projects with your students?
• have a creative/collaborative project for Special Education? for English as a Second Language, or for Foreign Language?
• have an idea for a session that shows best practices, innovation, or student engagement using technology for teaching and learning?
Please share your experience and expertise with your friends and colleagues. MiniCon is a great way to share your ideas in a low key, yet engaging environment. It’s also a nice lead-in for the ICE Conference in February.
WHERE? Niles North High School (Skokie, IL)
WHEN? Saturday, January 31, 2014, from 8:00 am-1:30 pm
WHY? Because you’ll be a part of the best local, affordable (still just $5!), and immediate professional development experience around.
Submit your proposal online today!
Proposals are due by the end of day, Friday, December 12, 2014
Please share the call for proposal link or our website with any educators you think would be interested.http://goo.gl/GVCF3Ywww.niceminicon.org
If you have questions, please contact one of the Co-Chairs: