Listened to AAA yesterday, and there were a few things I really wish the panel could have gotten a bit less wrong.
First of all: The memes that "you can do everything on Android that you can do on Chrome OS! ...Why not just go with Android and update the chromebooks to Android?" was touted - by a self ascribed non Chrome OS user.
If that is the case - please help me find out the following
* how I install the special education extensions (and all other exptensions) to my Chrome browser on my Android Chrome browser. I missed that part.
* how I use shortcuts for "insert comment" (and other shortcuts) in google docs on the android Chrome browser that saves me tons of time correcting assignments in my Chrome browser. I need to know that before I ditch my laptop for android.
* how do I install add-ons for google docs on android?
Simply put - The chrome browser on android lack SO many features that the full browser version on Chrome (or other) OS. Thats it. Chrome OS "is" the chrome browser! If it will work just as well (or better) on android in the future - THEN we can talk ditching Chrome OS.
Others also follow the thread of thinking - ditching Chrome OS, writing things like:
"Losing Chrome OS would be a tough blow -- if you hate freedom and love to be treated like a toddler. Otherwise, this would be good news for most people and for the PC industry as a whole."
Sure - Killing and option for the users is the same thing as loving freedom.
The second thing around Chrome that caught my mind was that "ordinary users don't buy chromebooks". I really don't think that is true. Sure, schools buy A LOT of chromebooks, but that does not mean that (a lot of) ordinary people don't buy chromebooks. How many considered or actually bought a chromebook to your parents/grandparents?
Perhaps this could be sorted out during this evenings This Week in Google? According to Gartner, in 2014 40% of the US Chromebooks sold were sold to regular users. So, even if that number went down in the last year, it is a substantial fraction (http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3058517)
I can understand if hardware companies and some developers want to use skinning and custom UI to make their product/brand stand out. But do the consumers really see it as such a big advantage? It's true that development of Chrome OS is quite slow and there are plenty of features that would be nice to have added sooner. Although there is nothing to stop developers from creating advanced web apps or browser based applications. In that sense it would be better to kill Android and force more developers to work with web apps. Only in that sense though. I don't want them to kill Android.
3.5 Vi anser att följande användningsområden inte är att betrakta som ansvarsfull användning enligt detta Avtal: (a) Genomförandet av stora dataöverföringar under lång tid.
(I am not asking for a translation, I understand swedish :)
- Lunds UniversitetPhysics, 1992 - 2002
- Linnaeus UniversityResearcher, 2011 - presentWorking as a teacher at the department of media-technology. Teaching the scientific method, as well as teachers education when it comes to ICT-integration into the classroom (or outside of it) and physics. Also working at the physics department with teacher training. Also doing research in the field of ICT in education in general and physics education in particular.
- FolkuniversitetetTeacher in physics, mathematics and the scientific method, 2003 - 2011Worked as a high school teacher in Helsingborg at Naturhumanistiska gymnasiet, later renamed Johannes Hedberggymnasiet. Best crew, bewt high-school. Ever.
- Lunds UniversitetPhd, 1996 - 2001
- Osmos HD
Avaz - AAC App for Autism – Android-appar på Google Play
Avaz, a full-featured AAC app, has been developed for children who are non-verbal or who have difficulty speaking. Avaz has been designed wi
Learning Creative Learning - Live Sessions — powered by unhangout
LCL started on March 18 with six weeks of discussions and activities, which will be followed by a few weeks to work on projects, leading to
Sensory toys,cheap sensory toys,sensory toys,sensory toys for children,b...
Sensory toys,cheap sensory toys,sensory toys,sensory toys for children,baby sensory,sensory toy warehouse,sensory lights,sensory lighting,sp
Whitney Thompson Of 'Top Model' Fame Lands Plus-Size Lingerie Campaign -...
Thought provoking articles from Rehan Post covering Technology, Science, Fashion, Style, Social Life, Food, History, Updates and much much m