Google has a great entry explaining how to implement Enhanced Ecommerce through GTM (https://developers.google.com/tag-manager/enhanced-ecommerce).
My question is, what changes in GTM with the new UI? Do I need consider any changes to the approach documented by Google?
The underlying logic is the same, so all that's changed is how the new UI treats tags and event tracking. Thus nothing to do with Enhanced Ecommerce per se.
The UI is different, so there's a learning curve to setting up the stuff that's enumerated in the guide. In essence, the "See the Tag Configuration for this example" helpers are not that helpful in the new UI. For now, you'll have to draw your own conclusions - hopefully Google updates the dev guides soon to work with the new UI as well.
"As a pragmatic conversion optimization specialist I enjoy assisting companies track, analyze and improve their online activities."
My professional experience and goals are all online related with a main focus on creating actionable insights that will assist the business in generating more revenue and positively increase the customer's overall experience.
It is my opinion that there is more to online optimization than just clickstream analysis and as an online specialist it is in my and the company's best interest to take a more broader approach to finding and acting on revenue increasing opportunities through user centric thinking.
I believe in deploying lean methodologies in order to cut down on research and development costs and time, and focus on finding the right mix between business objectives and customer experience which are intricately linked to increasing conversion and revenue.
My personal goals are to further enhance my skills as an conversion optimization specialist, to continuously remain on top of different methodologies and techniques, and to further advocate the importance of user centricity and complete online monitoring.
I often write about online topics on my blog actualinsights* (www.actualinsights.com) and have posted articles on several leading websites such as:
- webanalisten.nl (web analytics, Dutch)
- marketingfacts.nl (online marketing, Dutch)
- frankwatching.nl (online marketing, Dutch)
I regularly speaker at events. Some of my recent public engagements:
- Web Analytics Congres 2014 (Workshop) - Houten
- Marketing Insights Event 2014 (Masterclass) - Utrecht
- Marketing Week / Monetate Webinar 2013 - Online
- Xchange Europe 2013 - Berlin
- Web Analytics Association Netherlands (Keynote) - Amsterdam
- Travelport's e-Volve - Barcelona
- IBM Performance 2012 - Brussels
- Google Travel Seminar (Keynote) - Helsinki
- eMetrics Sweden - Stockholm
- Emerce eTravel - Bussum
- Web Analytics Congres (Keynote) - Houten
Specialties:wireframing, prototyping, web analytics assessment/strategies/deployment/adoption, voice of customer strategies/deployment/analysis, (agile) usability testing including multi-variate testing (mvt) and a/b split testing, (key) performance indicator development/assessment, web performance monitoring/analysis/deployment, interaction analysis strategies/deployment/analysis, community engagement analysis, competitive analysis
- Wolfert van Borselen, Rotterdam
- BestsellerLead Web Analyst, 2014 - present
- ZiggoChannel Manager Conversion, 2013 - 2014
- PhilipsDigital Insights & Analytics Manager, 2013 - 2013
- Thomas CookHead of User Experience, 2011 - 2012
- Thomas CookConversion Specialist, 2011 - 2011
- TUI NederlandOnline Analyst, 2010 - 2010
- NedstatWeb Analytics Consultant, 2007 - 2007
- De TelefoongidsTechnical Product Manager Internet, 2006 - 2007
- BloomerceCommunity Content Manager, 2004 - 2006
- CovastAccount Manager EMEA, 2003 - 2004
- TTPTrainee, 2002 - 2003
- Royal Netherlands NavyNon Commissioned Officer, 1996 - 2002
- United States NavyNon Commissioned Officer, 1993 - 1996
- Conversion CompanySenior Web Analytics Consultant, 2007 - 2009
- AdversitementOnline Business Consultant, 2009 - 2009
Usabilla Live Feature Update: November 2014 - The Usabilla Blog
New features for Usabilla - swap smilies for stars, automated feedback report, campaign templates, improved NPS functionality and filter by
UX Recorder - Screen Recording App for iPad & iPhone
Ever wanted to perform mobile usability testing on with an Apple iPad or iPhone? Now you can without having to jailbreak you iOS device. For
One-Percent Jokes and Plutocrats in Drag: What I Saw When I Crashed a Wa...
Inside the exclusive annual dinner of Kappa Beta Phi.
Bunkr is more than just a presentation tool: collect, organize, present
Bunkr is cloud-based presentation software that allows professionals to centralize all the content that inspires them, and to use this conte
Top Customer Feedback Tools for Small Businesses - actualinsights*
You don't need to be an Enterprise company, with an Enterprise budget to collect customer feedback. Check these customer feedback tools for
Sample Size Matters iOS Behavior Tracking - actualinsights*
Dan Ariely released his iOS behavior tracking app Sample Size Matters today and he needs your help. Are you willing to help Dan collect more
Wheel of Persuasion - Online Persuasion Techniques enters Beta
Bart Schutz announced today that his Wheel of Persuasion has entered private Beta. Learn more about this unique resource for online persuasi
Free webinars, what would you like to talk about - actualinsights*
I would like to start holding regular free webinars on various UX and conversion optimization topics. Whay topics would you like covered?
eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit, International Web Analytics Conf...
Web analytics and online marketing optimization conferences, workshops, seminars and training events. Learn how to measure and increase webs
Who should win a Webby for Online Film & Video / Technology? Vote now.
Vote with me! – April 9th – 25th.
7 new smart-ass responses to completely well-meaning signs.
Most of these signs were designed to help people — to get where they're going, to find a pet, to avoid grievous bodily harm — and yet some w