- EquatorSenior SEO, 2014 - presentSpecialising in Social Media & Search Engine Optimisation I work closely with our clients across various industry sectors, helping them to plan, develop and execute search, social and digital strategies that deliver key business objectives and provide a measurable ROI.
- mmarley.comFreelance Social Media & SEO Specialist, 2012 - presentI work with clients across multiple verticals helping them to develop and implement successful search, social and digital communication strategies for their business. This includes consultancy, training and management.
- The Zen AgencyOnline Strategy Manager, 2012 - 2014With over 14 year’s experience The Zen Agency is one of Scotland's leading full service digital agencies, specialising in web design, development and digital communications. As Online Strategy Manager I'm responsible for the development and implementation of all search, social and digital communication strategies for our clients, who range from large intentional organisations to some of Scotland most recognisable brands.
- HootSuite Media, Inc.UK Diplomat, 2013 - 2013The role of the Envoys and Ambassadors is to act as the bridge between HootSuite HQ and the HootSuite users in your area. The overall goal of the HootSuite Envoy and Ambassador program is to create a fun, global community of like minded HootSuite super fans and users in which they can showcase and best put to use their unique skills and experience as part of the HootSuite global team.
- Optical ExpressSEO & Social Media Specialist, 2012 - 2012
- 360innovateSocial Media & Search Specialist, 2010 - 2012
- Samsung Electronics2009 - 2010
- SAP AG2008 - 2009
- Dell2003 - 2005
- Hewlett-Packard2001 - 2003
I have over a decade of experience working for some of the world’s largest and most innovative technology companies, including HP, Dell, SAP and Samsung. This has allowed me to develop my skills in various aspects of current web technology and digital media.
I'm a Senior SEO at Equator one of the UK's leading full service digital agencies. I work closely with our clients across various industry sectors to help them develop and execute successful search, social and digital strategies that deliver results and a measurable ROI,
When I'm not working you will normally find me online, I'm very active on most social platforms, including, Twitter, Facebook and Google+, as this allows me to stay current with the latest industry news and connected with some of the worlds leading web innovators.
I also run my own blog which covers everything from search, social, mobile and the latest web technologies.
I'm also a Microsoft Certified Professional and currently hold MCDST, MCSA, MCSE and CompTIA A+ and N+ accreditations.
- University Of The West Of ScotlandMicrosoft - MCDST, MCSE, MCSA
- CompTIAA + & N +
Google & Bing Now Showing LinkedIn Rich Snippets
When you search Google or Bing for a well-known person combined with the word LinkedIn, that person's LinkedIn result will also feature rich
Google Analytics Starts Diagnosing Your Tracking Code For Errors
To help you determine which pages have botched tracking code or conflicts in filters, Google's Analytics Diagnostics will "frequently" scan
How Copyblogger Increased Their Google Plus Growth Rate by 157% - Siege ...
When Copyblogger removed blog comments on March 24th, it sent reverberations throughout the web. As one of content marketing’s digital found
How to Build 7 Contextual Links an Hour…Without ANY Content (Really)
Most people tell you that the secret to SEO is “publishing great content”. Are they right? Well, to be honest with you….no. Here’s the deal:
Microsoft Will Soon Bring Back The Start Menu In Windows 8.1 | TechCrunch
Microsoft's Terry Myerson today announced that Microsoft is "all-in" with the desktop. Indeed, while he wasn't quite ready to announce Windo
Parallax Scrolling Websites and SEO - A Collection of Solutions and Exam...
I have observed that there are many articles that say parallax scrolling is not ideal for search engines. Parallax Scrolling is a design tec
Is Controversy the Cure for Content Shock? - mmarley.com
Leveraging controversy can be a great way to drum up attention for media campaigns or call attention to important issues that wouldn’t other
Social Media And The Retail Experience - mmarley.com
A look at how retailers are now using social media not only to cut advertising costs but to engage with their customers across social channe
8 Reasons Infographics Are Still Essential to Content Marketing -
Infographics are a great way to deliver information visually. In this post we look at why Infographics are still important to your content m
Bad Content Curation Is Killing the User Experience -
In this post we look at how poorly curated content can impact user experience and also have a negative effect on your brands image and credi
12 Days of Content, Day 1: A Free Trial of HootSuite Pro
On the first day of content, HootSuite shares with you... a free trial of HootSuite Pro!
The Author Rank Building Machine Infographic by Vertical Measures
Build your author rank by producing great content, attracting authoritative links, and building your reputation on social media outlets.
10 brands hijacking your Twitter feed with creative preview images
Last month Twitter added an image preview feature that causes pictures and Vines to automatically appear in users' timelines.