When the perfect storm of confusion corrupts the Google Search results lead by the Google "Knowledge Graph"
- mmarley.comFreelance Social Media & SEO Specialist, 2012 - presentI work with clients across multiple verticals helping them to develop and implement successful search, social and digital communication strategies for their business. This includes consultancy, training and management.
- HootsuiteUK Ambassador, 2013 - presentThe role of the Envoys and Ambassadors is to act as the bridge between HootSuite HQ and the HootSuite users in your area. The overall goal of the HootSuite Envoy and Ambassador program is to create a fun, global community of like minded HootSuite super fans and users in which they can showcase and best put to use their unique skills and experience as part of the HootSuite global team.
- EquatorSenior SEO, 2014 - 2014Specialising in Social Media & Search Engine Optimisation I work closely with our clients across various industry sectors, helping them to plan, develop and execute search, social and digital strategies that deliver key business objectives and provide a measurable ROI.
- The Zen AgencyOnline Strategy Manager, 2012 - 2014With over 14 year’s experience The Zen Agency is one of Scotland's leading full service digital agencies, specialising in web design, development and digital communications. As Online Strategy Manager I'm responsible for the development and implementation of all search, social and digital communication strategies for our clients, who range from large intentional organisations to some of Scotland most recognisable brands.
- Optical ExpressSEO & Social Media Specialist, 2012 - 2012
- 360innovateSocial Media & Search Specialist, 2010 - 2012
- Samsung Electronics2009 - 2010
- SAP AG2008 - 2009
- Dell2003 - 2005
- Hewlett-Packard2001 - 2003
I have over a decade of experience working for some of the world’s largest and most innovative technology companies, including HP, Dell, SAP and Samsung. This has allowed me to develop my skills in various aspects of current web technology and digital media.
Im a Senior Consultant (Social Media & Audience Development) at Brightfire where I'm responsible for strategy development, planning and delivery of audience development and social media strategies for our clients and Brightfire. This is a multi-faceted client facing role which allows me to apply my expertise to key accounts providing consulting, planning, and delivery services to achieve audience growth, social media engagement and leads that deliver results and a measurable ROI.
When I'm not working you will normally find me online, I'm very active on most social platforms, including, Twitter, Facebook and Google+, as this allows me to stay current with the latest industry news and connected with some of the worlds leading web innovators.
I also run my own blog which covers everything from search, social, mobile and the latest web technologies.
I'm also a Microsoft Certified Professional and currently hold MCDST, MCSA, MCSE and CompTIA A+ and N+ accreditations.
- University Of The West Of ScotlandMicrosoft - MCDST, MCSE, MCSA
- CompTIAA + & N +
Easily Analyse Your Mobile SEO Performance - State of Digital
With clever use of the latest SEO tools it`s possible to easily analyse your website`s mobile SEO performance as well as that of your compet
Direct Answers - Natural Language Search Results for Intent Queries - SE...
In November, Google published an international patent that describes providing natural language type answers to queries. Those answers focus
The Ultimate Guide to 2014’s SEO Changes: How to Deal with a New Reality...
2014 was a busy year for Google. Get expert opinions on how the main changes of 2014 are going to affect us next year.
How to Run Social Media Campaigns That Actually Convert
Your social media campaigns need to make the "next step" crystal clear. Here's how successful marketers use their social channels to convert
Website Redesign for Higher Conversions? Tread Lightly
Should you redesign your website to get higher conversions? Maybe. If you are going to, you'll need this advice.
Always On: How to use social media to reach your local audience
Dan Spicer (Hootsuite) shares his top tips for using social media to promote your small or micro business in the UK. Small Business Saturday
Google Panda and the Risk of Using Aggressive Ads - SEW
Aggressive or deceptive advertising tactics can heavily impact user engagement, which in turn, can cause serious Panda issues.
The 8 Essential Tools That Keep a Social Media Agency Humming
Go inside the sharing strategy of a social media agency with 93 connected profiles! See how they get work done and their favorite tools for
Content & Influencer Research on Steroids | RocketMill
SEO Agency, PPC Advertising & Web Design
Double Your Social Shares: The Visual Guide To Web Scraping and Data Ana...
A few months ago I saw this goofy looking kid getting his articles ranked high on two of my favorite marketing sites Inbound.org and Growthh