- HomeserveDigital Testing & Tracking Manager, 2014 - presentMessing around in Google Analytics to make sense of what people do on the Internet
- Legal & GeneralOnline Analyst, 2011 - 2013Looking at what customers do online and try to make sense of it all
- HSBCReporting Guy, 2011 - 2011Making Reports, Running reports
- Calor GasDatabase Analyst, 2010 - 2011Checking the quality of the data in the customer database and fixing it, making tea and friends
As way of a basic introduction let’s do some facts.
- I'm 33 years old
- A geek
Well that was easy, what next? A brief potted history of my life?
Born, went to schools, went to Uni, halls burnt down, left after a year, worked in banks, went back to uni, left after 4 months, worked as an MI then Data then Marketing then Database analyst for various companies.
I've nearly died once.
I've been fired, sorry 'made redundant' once.
My heroes are scientists.
I like melodies.
I like sports.
I am somewhat a geek. Not the pocket calculator/World of Warcraft/Know every single line of Star Trek geek. I'm one of the good geeks, the kind who do know perhaps too much about the inner workings of a computer but also do other things, like socialise.
In fact, a bit like Leonard from The Big Bang Theory...with a little bit of Sheldon and throw in some Raj-like awkwardness around women as well. (I realise for anyone who has not watched this series I am talking absolute twaddle now)
- Aberystwyth UniversityMicrobiology and Zoology, 1998 - 1998Staying for a year to learn about animals, but finding out more about the response times of the Welsh Fire Brigade.
- Coventry UniversityCommunication, Culture and Media, 2001 - 2001Arguing about the representation of cavemen in BBC documentaries
- Nicholas Chamberlaine Technology CollegeA-Levels, 1996 - 1998Learning about maggot racing (Biology), explosions (Chemistry), tads (Maths) and practicing for pub quizzes (General Studies)
More magical and less miserable – the new Geek Ergo Sum
Welcome to the next phase of Geek Ergo Sum, a site that is catching up Doctor Who with the number of times it has died and regenerated. By m
FMRTE - Official website » Football Manager Real Time Editor - Website
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ! The version of FMRTE was designed to work with FM 12.2.1, for users with this game version, the loading process may
How to Use Google Analytics on a WordPress.com Blog
New! Take the poll! The CloudFlare solution in this post isn’t trivial to set up. Would you be willing to pay for a solution that allowed yo
The Beginner's Guide to Tricking Out Your WordPress Blog
You took the leap and installed WordPress to host your own blog because you want complete control over how it looks and works. Now, it's tim