- Kallati™Brand Ambassador, 2014 - presentThe Kallati family have been in the jewelry business for over 40 years. The Kallati family are not in the diamond business, they are the diamond business. They are the largest family owned direct source jewelry company in the world. Already famous within the Jewelry industry, my role is to bring the Kallati brand to the public. Currently working on various cruise ships around the world I help train staff, hold seminars, advertise using onboard media, network and promote Kallati by any means possible.
- MatthewStone.com - New York's Digital Broker™NYC Real Estate and Digital Media, 2008 - 2014Independent Sales Professional representing top real estate brokerages, developers and clients in the sales and marketing of residential real estate in Brooklyn and Manhattan. • Sold Columbia Commons, a 48-unit new development in 13-months whilst achieving maximum ROI for the investors. All sales were done at a time when the real estate market was at its worst. • Leveraged my large social media following and knowledge of new trends to help educate colleagues via seminars, one-on-ones and localized training sessions. • Managed the sales of 205 Water, a 65-unit luxury development in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Sold 90% of the building in 10-months. All sales yielded maximum ROI for the developer. Sold over 30% of the building 'sight unseen'. Utilized new digital tech, social media and an in-house CRM program to effectively communicate with potential buyers. • Collaborated with senior executives within real estate industry on ways to improve new development sales.
- Level Group, IncLicensed Real Estate Broker, 2012 - 2013Independent Sales Professional representing top real estate brokerages, developers and clients in the sales and marketing of residential real estate in Brooklyn and Manhattan. • Sold Columbia Commons, a 48-unit new development in 13-months whilst achieving maximum ROI for the investors. All sales were done at a time when the real estate market was at its worst. • Leveraged my large social media following and knowledge of new trends to help educate colleagues via seminars, one-on-ones and localized training sessions. • Managed the sales of 205 Water, a 65-unit luxury development in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Sold 90% of the building in 10-months. All sales yielded maximum ROI for the developer. Sold over 30% of the building 'sight unseen'. Utilized new digital tech, social media and an in-house CRM program to effectively communicate with potential buyers. • Collaborated with senior executives within real estate industry on ways to improve new development sales.
- Toll Brothers - New York City LivingSales Manager @205 Water (Dumbo), 2011 - 2012
- Halstead Property - Brooklyn, NYReal Estate Professional, 2008 - 2011
- Bergdorf Goodman - New YorkJewelry Sales Specialist, 2006 - 2008Sold fine and designer jewelry in one of the world's most prestigious stores. • Joining a highly competitive team of seasoned jewelry specialists with a vast portfolio of clients, I had to adapt quickly and excel by thinking outside of the box. Collaborating directly with the designers themselves, I created a website to enhance the overall sales experience as well as to help promote myself and the jewelry in-store. • Setup and ran a new jewelry department on one of Bergdorf Goodman's most valuable floors. Expectations were high. Not only did I beat expectations, but it became the 2nd highest revenue earner per square foot in the store, just behind Chanel.
- Zales Jewelers - Palm Beach Gardens, FLStore Manager, 2005 - 2006Manager at one of the country's leading jewelry retailers. I was responsible for ongoing training and development, hiring/firing, inventory control and improving the overall sales experience for both customers and my team. • Consistently kept the stores $2.5M annual revenue above expectations. • In a region of downward sales trends I was able to increase store revenue over a span of 1-year. • By analyzing individual core strengths of the sales team, was able to improve special events promotions revenue by over 300%
- Cruise Ships - Suncruises/MyTravel (Sunbird), Cunard (Caronia), Holland America (Veendam, Volendam, Zuiderdam)Shops Manager - Various Cruise Ships, 2001 - 2005Managed a multi-million dollar duty-free business onboard various cruise ships around the world. Most ships had multiple stores onboard including, but not limited to: fine & designer jewelry, liquor & tobacco, ready-to-wear, fragrance and beauty. • Due to hard work ethics, positive attitude and ability to solve problems in a high pressure environment I was promoted to Shops Manager on my first contract. Managing one of the largest ships in the world. • Managed retail stores that generated 12M+ in annual revenue with a team of 10-15 staff, I consistently helped keep passenger ratings and sales quotas above expectations. • As well as managing all shops on board, I was also responsible for the operation of the stops located on a private island in the Bahamas. Responsibilities included: Ordering of inventory, delivery of stock, price control and merchandising. • Successfully trained three Assistant Managers to the high expectations of Store Manager.
- Renaissance Cruise Line - R5 (Europe) & R4 (Tahiti)Casino Supervisor, 2000 - 2001
- Budget Insurance Services - Peterborough, EnglandInsurance Sales, 1996 - 2000
- Celebrity Cruises (Meridian) - WorldwideCasino Inspector, 1995 - 1996
- Grosvenor Casino - Liverpool, EnglandCasino Inspector, 1993 - 1995
- ButlinsShops Supervisor
- Sales Focus, IncSales & Recruitment Manager, 2013 - 2013• Attended career fairs, college recruitment drives and networked within the local communities to recruit and train experienced and non-experienced B2B sales staff for a new social advertising platform. In just 3 weeks I recruited and trained over 50 sales staff.
New York Social Media
Funny/Sarcastic Real Estate Broker
Creative Thinker Event Promoter
World Traveler Android User
Originally from Cambridgeshire, England, Matt Stone now lives and works in Brooklyn, New York.
Over the years, Matt's career path has literally taken him many times around the world whilst working in casino and retail management both on land and on various cruise ships.
Working with many nationalities in very unique work environments Matt's communication skills broadened. His ability for solving problems and thinking outside of the box evolved, giving Matt a greater entrepreneurial edge.
Being able to draw on these skills is how Matt has become part of a new breed of Real Estate Professional; his love of learning new things at a fast pace has made him an emerging talent in the New York Real Estate market.
In today’s world, new technology and social media is evolving at a phenomenal rate. For many people this dramatic change has overwhelmed them; this is not the case for Matt.
Matt’s personable nature, his thirst for knowledge and his motivational spirit has put him ahead of the curve; Matt is not 'trying to keep up', he is pushing through the crowds and taking the lead. It's this embrace of the future and the quest for knowledge that are just some of the reasons Matt is called upon to help educate and develop companies on how to grow their business.
To learn more visit MatthewStone.com
Matt's Bucket List
I'm really looking forward to completing this list!
- Climb Everest or Kilimanjaro (Base Camp)
- Go shark diving
- Own my dream home that was designed by me
- Own a boat (minimum 47')
- Visit every continent
- Go on an African Safari
- Learn Japanese or Spanish
- Run a marathon
- Be in a major movie (being an extra counts)
- Patent one of my many Inventions
- Be a founder of at least one profitable online business
- Get a tattoo from an Amazonian tribe with hammer, stick and ink (I missed out the first time)
- Drive/Ride across America (New York to New Mexico)
- Experience weightlessness
- Go to the Rio Carnival
- To sing one song at Karaoke...sober
- Learn to snowboard a black run.
- Go to at least 3 major festivals in Europe in one summer
- Be a father
- Peterborough RegionalDiploma in Business and Finance, 93
I just made a calendar note for 2016
Salooned.com - NYC Pubs 'n' Clubs 'n' Bars - Good Times!
A New York entertainment guide. Event listings, bar/club information, neighborhood news, live streaming video, and much more.
LOOK: These Tourists Have NO Idea What Lurks Beneath
Sometimes you watch the whale, and other times, the whale watches you. Whale-watchers in Argentina recently learned that firsthand when a wh
IQ Test Online Certfication from IQ-Test.com. Try Our Free IQ Test
IQ test from IQ-test.com is an officially certified online IQ test of the International High IQ Society. Try our free iq test. Get your IQ s
Voice recognition lift- eleven - Transcribed | Dotsub
Voice recognition lift- eleven translation and transcription crowdsourced
How To Make a Clementine Candle - Apartment Therapy
Kicking off our new series of How To Videos, here's a fully filmic version of one of our most popular winter posts. Click above for the shor
The Next Web » International technology news, business & culture.
International technology news, business & culture.