If you have been following me on social media you might probably know that I am not a big fan of Fibonacci series scale for user story estimation. Don’t get me wrong. There is nothing bad about it, although it’s very problematic for a team that begins their...
Matt is a trained pilot, skydiver, water diver and military tactical combat medic trained by Polish special forces ex-operators. He studied at the Polish Air Force Academy and wrote M.Sc. thesis on "Astronaut Training for Long Duration Space Flight". Currently he is learn Biology in M.Sc. course. Previously he had obtained a degree in Computer Science and worked as a Systems Engineer and leader for 3D printing, technology and bio-medical R&D companies. He also studied also Aerospace Management and Philosophy of Human Interactions. He gave 1000+ hours of public speaking related to the S.T.E.M. field. Matt is currently working on his Ph.D. on "Astronaut Procedures for Lunar Extra Vehicular Activity" and some of his experiments involves collaboration with European Space Agency, Military Institute for Aerospace Medicine and Space Research Centre of the Polish Academy of Science. He was chosen as a Flight Surgeon/BME for Lunar Analog Simulation and V-ce Commander for the Expedition 1 of M.A.R.S. project. Matt's focuses now on creating a training process for future analog astronauts. He's interested in human lunar exploration, tactical combat and aerospace medicine, orbital mechanics, robotics, rocket science, extreme environment survival, sports and open education.
- University of Adam MickiewiczPhilosophy of Human Interactions, 2008 - 2010
- Poznan University of TechnologyComputer Science with major in IT in Business Processes, 2011 - 2013
- Polish Air Force AcademyAerospace and Astronautics, 2014 - 2016M.Sc. - Master of Science
- Poznan University of TechnologyComputer Science with major in Security of Information Technology (IT) Systems, 2007 - 2011B.Sc. Eng. - Bachelor of Science Engineer
- University of WarsawBiology - Medical Microbiology, 2016 - 2018M.Sc. - Master of Science
- Polish Air Force AcademyAerospace Management, 2014 - 2015Postgraduate
- AstroTech.ioSystems Engineer, 2013 - presentI help organizations to embrace Agile (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP), Gamification, DevOps processes: CI, CD, Quality, ChM, RM, BDD, TDD, Risk Management and GIT.
- Center for Information TechnologyProcess Architecture Main Specialist, 2014 - 2016I have been trusted to lead an Agile transformation for Polish government IT projects at the Center for Information Technology with the Ministry of the Interior. This is the first government organization in Poland that gone Agile. Helped with Agile (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and DevOps transformation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, versioning, releasing and quality processes.
- MIH Allegro GroupSoftware Systems Engineer, 2011 - 2014I was responsible for building a Developer Tool Ecosystem, good practices and processes to support Agile transformation for the organization. Allegro (Amazon and eBay competitor) is one of the biggest e-commerce group in Central Europe with almost 5k+ people and 100+ companies, services and startups in 25 countries. That is 60 Scrum and Kanban teams solely in IT. Practises and Tools in the ecosystem: agile, Scrum, Kanban, continuous integration, continuous delivery, static source code analysis, code coverage metrics, DevOps culture, code review, pull requests, Atlassian Jira, Jira Agile, Confluence, Bamboo, OpenStack, Stash, Fisheye, GIT, Gerrit, Crucible, SonarQube, Nexus, NPM, Packagist, CAS SSO, jRebel Jun 2011 to Mar 2012 as a Application Release Specialist in the Release Management team I was responsible for creating, maintaining and executing release procedures for: Allegro, PayU - (e-payments platform PayPal competitor), 10 mobile websites and iStore - e-shop hosting platform. The RM team were involved in DevOps, IT Quality and Compliance and ITIL Release Management.
- MBP z o.o.Software Engineer / Application Architect, 2006 - 2011I wrote a CRM system with 99.99% SLA in production since 2006. The system is currently used by 2500+ users.
+48 7332 31337