We finally got started on the stairs. We made the decision (a decision I occasionally regret) to leave the upstairs carpet and the stairs intact until we could deal with them properly. We shampooed the upstairs carpet, but you can't really shampoo stairs. S...
I think my legs may fall off now.
Well Pl Write Article on Cloudsend Which Use Dropbox And Send It Which is Useful for Google Drive. Both Apps are Time Savers and Easy and User Friendly. These fantastic Apps Solved a Big Problem of Sharing all without Limits. Kind Regards.D K Mishra from India.
Someone did this to my house! Well, OK, we're paying them to do that. It still looks and sounds like a war zone. But after a day, you start to see some really nice results. Behold: A roof with only one layer of shingles and not four! Behold the smooth, no...
Here's a live version:
One of the more unusual things about our house is that while so many things have obviously been neglected for a very long time, all the windows are relatively new. It turns out there's a very interesting story behind that. The box window above is one coat ...
- NWEASr Instructional Designer, 2014 - present
- About.comFreelance Writer, 2006 - presentI am a regular contributor and cover everything of and relating to Google with a combination of short blog posts and long-form content pieces. I also edit a weekly newsletter and any posts by contributing writers. About.com was previously owned by the New York Times company and moved to Ask.com in 2012.
- ApressFreelance Writer, 2010 - presentI've written books as the sole author and co-author. I've also served as technical reviewer.
- Johnson County Community CollegeSr Education Technology Analyst, 1999 - 2014This is a job requiring a lot of hats. I'm a technology scout, instructional designer, technical support person, trainer, and project manager. I've created 3-D videos in Maya, administered a multisite WordPress, designed a sim in Second Life, and created more than one interactive learning app. I'm always up for a new challenge.
- Wired: GeekMomCore Contributor/ Senior Web Editor, 2012 - 2013This is the companion blog to the long-running Wired:GeekDad blog and covered the mother's perspective on technology, popular culture, and lifestyle topics. In 2013, the blog moved to its own domain. I write about everything from Mayim Bialik's stance on vaccines to teaching kids how to code. I also am a site administrator and created the current child theme in WordPress.
BFA in Printmaking
- "Build and Program Your Own LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Robots" (Pearson Aug 25, 2014)
- Using Galaxy Tab: An Android Tablet: (Apress Nov 24, 2014)
- "Android Tablets Made Simple" (Apress Nov 17, 2011)
- "Android for Work" (Apress Sep 1, 2010)
- "Droids Made Simple" with Gary Mazo and Martin Trautschold (Apress Dec 20, 2010)
- "How to Collect Creepy Crawlies." ("Wired" UK. Conde Nast, 21 Oct. 2013).
- "How to Make an 8-bit Quilt" (WIRED UK March 1, 2013)
- "Innovative Pedagogies: Reflecting on Innovative Pedagogies in LIS Education" Juried conference presentation, ALISE January 2015
- “Case-based Learning as Pedagogy for Teaching Information Ethics and Improving Future Librarians' Communication for Leadership in a Democratic Society” Poster session. Emporia State University Research and Creativity Day May 1, 2014
- Michigan State UniversityGraduate Certificate in Serious Games, present
- Emporia State UniversityPhD Library and Information Management, present
- University of KansasBFA in Printmaking, 1995
- Johnson County Community CollegeAdvanced Certificate in Computer Interactive Media
- Emporia State UniversityMS Instructional Design and Technology, 2002
May Block of the Month: A Steampunk Raygun - GeekMom
May is almost over, but not without a May block of the month! This month has a crazy ray weapon. The piecing is slightly trickier on this on
Mandala Quilt Designs (Dover Needlework) by Katie Pasquini - Powell's Books
Mandala Quilt Designs (Dover Needlework) by Katie Pasquini: The mandala, an ancient symbol meaning "universe" or "wholeness", is
No Starch Press Manga Guides Make Science Fun | GeekMom | Wired.com
Have you ever read a textbook cover to cover? I'm in grad school. I've had to do it more than once. It usually requires massive amounts of c
March Steampunk Block of the Month | GeekMom | Wired.com
The March steampunk block of the month is here! This month's block is a corset, a staple of female steampunk costumes.
How different age groups celebrate Christmas - The Oatmeal
The Oatmeal. Comics. Quizzes. Blog. Book. Shop. Follow: Twitter. Facebook. RSS / Email. A Christmas comic featuring eggnog and radio-control
Magisto Might Really Be the Instagram of Video | GeekMom | Wired.com
Instagram is Instagram because it's simple, slightly cheesy, and easy to share. Magisto is pretty much that - only with video.
Can Your Fridge Make Hot Water? The GE Café Fridge Does | GeekMom | Wire...
Remember when I told you about Samsung's new soda making fridge? Well, GE wrote me to tell me that their Café fridge makes hot water. I now
Does Your Fridge Make Soda? Samsung's RF31FMESBSR Does. | GeekMom | Wire...
I have enough Android tablets in my house that I could probably glue them to every appliance I own. I'm also a seltzer addict. Those two sen
February Block of the Month Quilt: Steampunk Goggles | GeekMom | Wired.com
It's time for February's block of the month in our GeekMom steampunk-themed quilt. t's never too late to get started, and it's never too lat
Motherboards and Daughtercards: Build a Computer with Your Kid | GeekMom...
So when our ancient PC stopped working this winter, I knew that I wasn't going to build another computer. She was.
ChargeCard Puts Your Charge Cable in Your Wallet | GeekMom | Wired.com
The name is a bit confusing. ChargeCard sounds like it should be a backup battery or a wireless money transfer system. It's actually a USB o
Google Don'ts - Dirty Tricks That Will Get Your Site Banned
google.about.com - written by Marziah Karch
Don't like being found in Google? Here are some sure fired ways to lower your ranking and get the worst search engine results. These are the worst of the worst