While there aren't too many people using G+ yet, it'd be nice to be able to search for people who live in, or who are in, specific places.
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 8 previous comments
- It does say "Search in posts" in those plugin entries.Jul 10, 2011
- Yes,it does see the About page as part of your profile. I think you can only see someone's About when you're in their profile.
Also, it looks to me like all those many results you got for Las Vegas are only people who mention Las Vegas in their profile, and not people who posted it in their posts.. I clicked on the bottom link for a few of the search results pages right back to page 100 (the last page in that search result), and they're all Profiles and they all mention Las Vegas in their Profiles. That's prolly because it's a place where a lot of people live & have lived. London's similar.
I started out this search thread when I was hoping to find people who mentioned small places that I've lived in, and I did find them for most of those that I tried.
But it doesn't work if your place is a common name, like Hackney.Jul 11, 2011
- Yes, the --- narrows it down to the "Where I have lived map" so that kept out most post mentions. Like you said when it comes to large cities...it is a hit and miss. I tried some small towns and got better results since fewer people had it listed.
I hope that at some point G will make it easier to search for different topics. I tried you & garys method for things like wild horses, and got pretty good results. I just have to hit the danged enter button faster. I must be getting old and slow!Jul 11, 2011
- I think it helps to put a little-used 1st letter into the "Find people" box. I used the letter "x".Jul 11, 2011
- Now I have just saved the code & replace the words - http://www.google.com/search?q="east+richland+high+school"&hl=en-US&tbs=prfl:e
I also just sent the Hawaii list to my friend that runs a LOT of social media accounts there...she will owe me all her $$$'s. LOL!Jul 11, 2011
- Update: there is, of course, now the site http://www.findpeopleonplus.com/ just in case peeps haven't seen it.Jul 15, 2011