So I'm not singling out Marathon here -they just happen to be the station closest to my house. The oil industry in general can charge what it likes, and the guys at the top can cry "profitability" all they like -but we see the profits they're making, and the wages we're making.
"Fueling The American Spirit" is an outrageous marketing slogan -considering I just paid over $20 for FIVE gallons of gas. When I was in high school, working at McDonald's for $4.19 an hour, I could fill my gas tank for $20.
And this is pretty much how it feels many other days of the year. It's not pretty, and we're not asking for easy street -but life (and our family) often gives us a big middle finger, and until you've been in the same damn situations over and over and over again, you'll just never understand why we all sound like a chorus of whiners.
But props to this mom for putting it into words.
I confess I'm almost envious of how legit I've seen be. He's the type to swoop in and bust out a can of progressive whoopass all over that second shift, yo. #cliffhanger
So this past Tuesday I hit the elliptical at work (15 minutes), took a walk at lunch to hack some portals, and then walked about five laps around the block (portal farm) later that night. Since then I have been slackin'.
Tonight I must get sweaty (giggity)!
Mayor Morrissey Recognizes the Screw City Scholars 4-H Club
Our 4-H club, the Screw City Scholars, was recognized by the mayor and city council tonight -just before a really important vote on a multi-million dollar redevelopment of one of our many abandoned factory buildings. It is officially "Screw City Scholars" week in the city of #RockfordIL !
Needless to say, we didn't get much fanfare in the news -but it's not too late to buy a box of meat to help support the Winnebago County 4-H Extension office! Just $40 -contact me if you're interested.
Our team plans to rock all the faces on this night at the museum!
- bfads.netSocial Media Manager, 2012 - present
- Momentum Workshopcontent consultant, assistant to the java script ninja, 2010 - 2012
- The Daily DiamondConveyor of Infotainment, 2012 - 2012
- Northern Star NewspaperCity Reporter, 2012 - 2012
- Delta Disc JockeysKaraoke DJ, 2010 - 2012
- Northern Television CenterStudent reporter/producer/anchor, 2004 - 2005
I'm also working on a Fantasy novel, but that's a story for another day...
- Northern Illinois UniversityB.A. Journalism, 2004 - 2012At N.I.U. I studied: Broadcast Journalism, New Media, Public Relations/Marketing and International News/media.
- Rockford CollegeEnglish Literature, 2002 - 2004I took classes in English Lit, Middle English Lit, Anthropology and Philosophy.
- Rock Valley CollegeStudent-at-Large, 2002 - 2004
Hey Advertisers! Stop Believing The NFL's Lies About Trademark Law And C...
For years now, we've mocked how the NFL insists that no one can use the term "Super Bowl" in an advertisement unless they're an official spo
Meet B-Girl Terra, the Flyest Six-Year-Old Dancer Around - COLORLINES
Her nine-year-old sister is a b-girl prodigy, too.
Octopus Steals Diver's Camera, Shoots Home Movie With It (Video)
See also: Beijing Zoo Puts their Animals on the Menu"cheeky octopus"It's not every day that an octopus steals your camera while it is record
Not 1... but 3 Marvel Hero Posters! - Secret Santa 2013 - redditgifts
I'm not gonna lie... I audibly squealed when I opened my gift! I received three beautiful posters from the Lynx Collecti...