- Computer Sciences Corporation1996 - present
- A Laser Printer Engineer for Kyocera. This is when lasers printers were really expensive costing several thousand pounds each!
- A Hard Disk Drive tester. I remember testing a new, high capacity 40Mb drive and having a discussion about the fact that this would be all the capacity that anyone would need!
- Enjoying family time.
- IT and technology.
- Maps. I have recently started to contribute to OpenStreetMaps and love looking at maps. A little sad some may say, but I like it.
- Walking, hiking and map reading.
- Geocaching. We are "Team Hotpot" on the geocaching website.
- Scouting. Both of my children are in the Scouts and while I can't dedicate time to be a leader as I'd like, I help out as and where I can.
- Astronomy. A bit of a novice. Just got my first scope.
- Music. Listening not playing! I am a huge Pink Floyd fan.
- All things space related. Shuttle, ISS and so on.
I have done a bit of a search but can't seem to find a method but I'm sure it must be possible. Can anyone advise?
From a room in Moorgate, London, a team of three is working alongside a handful of volunteers to map the destruction caused by Typhoon Haiyan, the tropical cyclone that tore through the Philippines last week, claiming the lives of a suspected 2,500 people and displacing close to 700,000. With the help of opensource data and a number of collaborative online tools, however, that small team is collaborating with international Red Cross teams and a staggering 746 digital volunteers that have, from their homes or cafes across the globe, made 1,751,278 changes to the OpenStreetMap (OSM) project.
Read more: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-11/14/red-cross-typhoon-philippines
Places of Interest in Dumfries & Galloway - Google Maps
Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps
Group/as - Social network user grouping made easy.
Easily add users of the most popular social networks to groups. Help people know who to follow!
a little bit of something - not shit web design. in cornwall
a little bit of something is a web design agency in Cornwall that designs good websites.
CSC gains new IT outsourcing pact from BAE Systems -- Washington Technology
The new agreement replaces the one due to expire next April and calls for CSC to deliver a full range of IT services to the UK-based defense
IT is a member of the F1 team - How high performance computing could mak...
The team of CSC employees need to set up what is essentially a sophisticated local area network connected back to the huge supercomputer in
B4RN broadband project praised by EC Vice President
The Vice President of the European Commission, Neelie Kroes, said rural campaigner Chris Condor had changed her mind about the online market