Tomorrow we are publishing the first post in 's series on native advertising. Its called "5 Ways to Rankle an Old-School Journalist."
In this post he'll make the case that native advertising and great journalism are NOT incompatible. In fact, they are both advertising models … and they can both be profitable.
And he'll make his point by highlighting five ways you can irritate old-guard journalists …
It's been a long time since a test was run to see if Google+ activity could impact search. http://www.fromquarkstoquasars.com/introducing-the-tardigrade/ <----- Would love your help with this URL
It's a random page I found while searching after hearing about the Tardigrade on Cosmos. Currently, the page ranks #26 in Google US non-personalized results.
1) Please don't link to this page from anywhere except Google+
2) Please do click the link from Google+ and take a gander.
3) Please do share the link itself in your own Google+ account, and +1 others' shares of the link. Feel free to use photos, too :-)
4) Please don't share the post link directly on other social networks
Thanks so much!
p.s. I'm aware G folks might see this and take manual action, but I'm hoping that won't be the case.
- Apply Knowledge InstituteEcommerce Consultant, 2012 - presentCoached clients on ecommerce techniques, including web design, conversion testing, SEO, and content marketing. Designed and marketed over 50 ecommerce sites.
- The UniverseScheduling Editor, 2012 - 2012Managed the social calendar for local events related to students at Brigham Young University. Built contacts in the local community for music, film, theater, and charity events.
- New York Daily NewsIntern, 2012 - 2012General assignment reporter intern. Worked in all five boroughs reporting on politics, local crimes, and national trends.
- Daily UniverseSocial Media Editor, 2012 - 2012Managed the social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+) for Brigham Young University's student newspaper. Increased Facebook interaction by 20%.
- Fortune Learning SystemsInternet Coach, 2010 - 2011Coached clients on building successful retail sites. Helped design and market over 50 ecommerce sites.
- Thrive Learning InstituteInternet Coach, 2008 - 2010Coached clients on setting businesses on eBay, retail sites, and affiliate marketing. Educated clients on SEO and social media marketing techniques.
I love reading. Especially comic books, since that's how I learned to read. It's a vastly underappreciated art form that most people snub. Their loss.
I've lived all over the country: San Diego, Florida, Connecticut, Utah. It's made me appreciate how people are people, no matter where you go. Sure, there's always the walking stereotype that you bump into, but that just makes it even funner.
I'm a big believer in leaving your mark on the world, whatever it may be. Everybody is unique and has something to share. That's why I love the idea of self-publishing and getting your work out there, whether or not the big shots like it.
If anything, that's why I love technology and the Internet. Opportunities that never would have existed 20 years ago are now possible. People don't have to settle for the typical life. If you want to make movies for a living, you can! (thank you, YouTube) Love writing? Get a blog! Publish on the Kindle! Want to get your art out there? Hello, deviantART.
Self-expression is endless now, thanks to the Internet. It's not just about doing something to occupy your time: it's about sharing it with others.
- Brigham Young UniversityCommunications, Business Management
- Glastonbury High School
Keyword Targeting, Density, and Cannibalization - Whiteboard Friday
Enough has changed about keyword targeting that it's high time we offered a refresher. In today's Whiteboard Friday, Rand lays out best prac
The Ryan Gosling Story That Will Change The Way You Talk About Your Busi...
This is one of my favorite stories.I used to think Ryan Gosling was just okay. Sure, he seemed like a good actor. And yeah, there was a biza
ONE MANN'S OPINION: The selfie: My generation’s strange gift to the world
If I could describe my generation in one word, it would be "selfie."
VIDEO: Mormonism Is a Christ-Centered, Global Faith
This video provides a brief look at Mormonism — a Christ-centered, global faith.
How Schools Can Give Men the Skills They Need to Be Good Dads
Apprenticeship programs have the potential to help young men get better jobs and develop relationship abilities.
5 Awesome Website Optimization Tools - Serpico SEO Blog
Check out these 5 awesome tools for website optimization to understand how to make your website convert users more efficiently.
Hacking AdWords: Winning at AdWords the Weird Way | WordStream
Quality Score is the key to hacking AdWords. A deep dive into how Google calculates your Quality Score plus top tips on how to raise your Qu
How to Get Anything You Want in Business (and Maybe Life)
This simple sales tip will change the way you ask for things—and drastically improve your success rate.