When traveling through the states by car, you learn some things. Having driven from Ohio, through Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, and Indiana I learned some things about these states.
1) Every state in the midwest uses the two seasons joke.
2) Wisconsin has no idea what barbecue is. What they call barbecue is known in most other areas as sloppy joe's.
3) Wisconsin does provide some of the most unhealthy and delicious food. I have never before seen (and doubt I will see again) a full catering tray full of melted butter.
4) Whichever place in Minnesota invented the Jucy Lucy, they're quite good (if you manage to avoid burning your mouth)
5) Illinois traffic and drivers are still terrible.
6) Michigan is a state of dichotomy. The cities are terrible and run down, while the back roads are beautiful and reasonably maintained.
7) Always try the local specialties.
8) If you see a random brewery advertised on the freeway and you have time. Stop in.