A recent email from my father sharing extraordinary sculpture got me thinking. What are my 5 favorite sculptures in the world? Looking back over many museum and city visits here's my list of 5 favorite sculptures I've seen, experienced and now written about on :
1. Alexander Calder's Circus at the Whitney Museum of American Art
2. Calder's Triangle with Ears at Vassar College
3. Hammering Man by Jonathan Borofsky
4. Balloon Dog by Jeff Koons
5. Any Richard Serra including the piece I stumbled on in Chicago's Grant Park
Each sculpture has a story, stories you can read here: http://www.curagami.com/5-favorite-sculptures-world/
What about you? What are your favorite sculptures?