Finally, SSDs are now being trimmed automatically out of the box. Embarrassingly late, but at least in time for 14.04 LTS.
48 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 19 previous comments
- can ubuntu perform trim command in kernel space adn not in user space mode?Dec 20, 2013
- Considering that SSD is widespread, this change comes too late. It should, by an update, input and versions 12.04.3, 13.04, 13.10Dec 22, 2013
- is it more efficient?how does windows or mac osx operates for trim?thanxDec 24, 2013
- Hey does this mean Lubuntu 14.04 has SSD trim feature as a default...
i mean on the LXDE desktop environment in lubuntu 14.04....tentatively releasing on 17 April 2014Mar 13, 2014
- So trim support by default for LUX?Apr 26, 2014
- does the weekly trim job still run if the computer is kept in suspend state and not booted frequently?Dec 28, 2015