I suspect that the Bower flash needs a new capacitor, but I almost always use manual off-camera flash these days, so I shelved it for future repair. Since I'll need a minimum of 2 flashes for this shoot, I ordered Yongnuo 2pcs YN560 IV Flash kit +YN560TX LCD Wireless Flash Controller For Nikon from Amazon for delivery Sunday. Good thing I tested!
As a side benefit, I can now set my Cowboy Studio flash triggers aside for use as emergency backups in the unlikely case that all 3 of the Yonguo transmitters fail. The YN-560 II has optical slave capacity, so I can use it as my third flash when needed.
- Brown UniversityPhysics, Sc.M. & Ph.D., 1972 - 1980
- Haverford CollegePhysics & Music, 1968 - 1972
Martin Heller does a little freelance writing and consulting, when he's not taking his camera for walks. He is also a Contributing Editor and reviewer for InfoWorld. Previously, he was President and CEO and then Chairman of Tubifi, and before that he was Vice President of Technology and Education at Alpha Software.
- SelfFreelance, 2014 - present
- TubifiChairman, 2013 - 2014
- TubifiPresident and CEO, 2012 - 2013
- Alpha SoftwareVP, software developer, writer, editor, 2010 - 2012
- Physical Sciences Inc.Principal Research Scientist, Division Manager, Director of Development, 1982 - 1986
- DupontSenior Physicist, 1980 - 1982
- New England NuclearSenior Physicist, 1978 - 1980
- Martin Heller & Co.Owner, 1986 - 2010