"What needs to happen is that the conversation needs to shift more towards how can we make devices that fit the needs of the students, rather than changing the device to fit the needs of the IT department."
1. Research, try, and buy education technology
2. See which tools work best for students
3. Discover what global colleagues are doing
4. Thoroughly test products and trends
5. Identify goals and key performance indicators
6. Visit conferences and see what others are saying
7. Share thoughts on social media, blogs, and more
8. Deep-dive into analytics to see what’s working
9. Constantly researching, testing, and learning
Meet with those hiring now! Representatives from school districts and COE charter schools will come to this central location for a day of focused interaction-including on-site interviews-with teacher candidates. Pre-register at www.sccoe.org or www.edjoin.org. Deadline to register is Tues., Mar. 24th at 5:00p.m. Unregistered candidates must show their CA teaching credential to be admitted.
- TheTechProfe.comEdTech Consultant, 1999 - present
- Santa Clara County Office of EducationAcademic Technology Specialist, 2013Researches, develops, coordinates, implements and assesses programs in accordance with state mandates and district/school/curriculum needs for online curriculum reform and school development planning. Recommends and implements learning strategies utilizing academic technology. Develops long and short term plans provides data for long term planning in the department. Assists teachers and administrators with assessing planning implementing and evaluating the use of academic technologies including online and blended instruction. Plans organizes coordinates and conducts staff development trainings and presentations to teachers, administrators, boards, technical support staff, other agencies, and business representatives. Identifies, researches, develops, and analyzes staff development programs within broad guidelines incorporating curriculum content methodology and technologies. Designs tailor made training materials to meet long and short term staff development needs. Creates online learning modules using recordings simulations and other technologies. Collaborates with content coordinators and other subject matter experts to transfer content to online environments and assure that courses are successfully completed to specifications. Adapts instructional materials created for face to face delivery to blended or fully online formats.
- Monterey County Office of EducationEducational Technology Coordinator, 2010 - 2013
- Santa Clara County Office of EducationCTAP Staff Development Coordinator, 2007 - 2010
- University of California, Santa CruzLecturer, 2009 - 2013
- Alisal Elementary SchoolEd Tech/Instructional Coordinator, 2000 - 2007
- Alisal Elementary SchoolSchool Administrator, 1999 - 2000
- Alisal Elementary SchoolBilingual Educator, 1996 - 1999
- South Bay Union School DistrictBilingual Educator, 1994 - 1996
- San Diego State UniversityB.A. Bilingual Education/Liberal Arts, 1989 - 1993
- San José State UniversityMasters In Educational Leadership
- Le Grand High1985 - 1989
Social Media News and Web Tips – Mashable – The Social Media Guide
Social Media news blog covering cool new websites and social networks: Facebook, Google, Twitter, MySpace and YouTube. The latest web techno
Transfer Files From Your Phone to Computer With a 'Bump'
Popular mobile app Bump announced an update Thursday that makes it easy to transfer files, presentations, or even your contact list from you
Opening up a world of educational content with YouTube for Schools | Goo...
Opening up a world of educational content with YouTube for Schools. Cross-posted from the YouTube Blog. When I was in school during the 90s,
AT&T "Shared Data" Plans By the Numbers - Savings
So, not addressing the fact that AT&T's "Shared Data" plans are in fact the exact opposite of what they are called (I guess a tradition from
End the Office? Students Want Right to Work From Home [INFOGRAPHIC]
A survey from Cisco finds that college students and young professionals expect a great amount of flexibility in their work environment.
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep
Online Tutoring Educates Kids in Developing Countries
EducateNCare is an online personal tutoring service with a social good twist.
5 Key Shifts Happening Right Now in the World of Digital Marketing
David Jones, the global CEO of Havas and Euro RSCG, points to five specific trends in digital marketing.